Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
Heh, the amount of time I spent playing the demo.
I was in uni at the time when I picked up a PC magazine that had the demo on the cover cd. Little did I know that the following 12hrs would introduce me to the RTS genre and get me hooked on it for weeks to come. I later went and bought the boxed version upon release, which I still have with me today. The manual was so good to read :D

Man of Honour
I was in uni at the time when I picked up a PC magazine that had the demo on the cover cd. Little did I know that the following 12hrs would introduce me to the RTS genre and get me hooked on it for weeks to come. I later went and bought the boxed version upon release, which I still have with me today. The manual was so good to read :D

The day of a proper box and manual :)

I was the same with the Starcraft manual.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Or they will mess it up to the point nobody likes it.

Apparently theyve recruited 9 "community veterans" to help guide any changes.

Frankly these guys are likely to do more damage than EA could on their own as I know all the big names from back when the online scene was huge and not one of them is on the list or knows of anyone who is. Which means these "vets" are basically super fanbois who play the latest cnc rubbish.

Caporegime
Apparently theyve recruited 9 "community veterans" to help guide any changes.

Frankly these guys are likely to do more damage than EA could on their own as I know all the big names from back when the online scene was huge and not one of them is on the list or knows of anyone who is. Which means these "vets" are basically super fanbois who play the latest cnc rubbish.

What happened to the guys who founded and worked at Westwood studios?

Did they cash in and retire?

Sgarrista
Commissario
What happened to the guys who founded and worked at Westwood studios?

Did they cash in and retire?

The founder retired and became a photographer from what I remember, the rest of the staff just moved on to other companies or moved to EALA, the majority work at Petroglyph Games now (aka the people who are doing the remaster).

Caporegime
it's amazing someone hasn't been able to essentially make a type of clone and hoover up the hole left by C&C.

tiberian sun and renegade (the fps) were 2 of my most favourite games back in the day.

Associate
C&C set the standard with FMV and with unlimited units. Starcraft 2 has the FMV but unit caps. Every other RTS has unit caps.

An RTS without a unit cap is stupid, it's a resource after all, as someone with superior macro could simply never lose. And I dont recall C&C having an unlimited supply cap, are you sure?

Also Starcraft 2 does have modes where the supply cap is removed and you can build unlimited sized armies, and watch your PC die in the process.

Soldato
An RTS without a unit cap is stupid, it's a resource after all, as someone with superior macro could simply never lose. And I dont recall C&C having an unlimited supply cap, are you sure?

Also Starcraft 2 does have modes where the supply cap is removed and you can build unlimited sized armies, and watch your PC die in the process.

I don't remember C&C having a supply cap, but I do vaguely recall there was a cap in the number of units you could select in one go.

Back
Top Bottom