Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
The thing was about half an hour too long for me, I was actually a bit bored in the end. There is just no sense of peril for the main characters, there seems to be an endless horde of white walkers yet all the main people are fine slashing away for ages.

Man of Honour
Cinematically it looked amazing, but tactically it was absolutely ******* dumb, also did they only have enough stones for 1 go of the meowitzers and trebuchets ?

Lots of errors no doubt about that. Hiding in the catacombs with the dead, that was obvious. Sending the horses into the unknown, crazy. They may as well just have sat behind the walls and at least created a solid defence on the wall.

I hope euron doesn’t kill Jon, but I can see it coming.

Soldato
Also what was with Branflakes peacing out and flying around as a pigeon for no particular reason? I though he was going to do something cool like warg into the wolf again and the wolf would attack the NK just as he's about to kill Jon. But no he just wanted to get an areal view of the battle. Probably couldn't see anything anyway.

Poorly written character, badly acted, although I will concede I don't think any actor could save that character.

Caporegime
Well that was dark episode, could hardly make anything out lol.

But if an anti climax that Arya ends up killing the NK of all people.

I’m assuming that Jons dragon is dead?? Only saw Danys one at the end.

All in all wasn’t exactly the episode I was excited about. Just a bit too dark in some places that made it difficult to see or make out what exactly was happening.

But saddened that Ser Jorah died though along with a few others. How the hell Sam survived that onslaught is truly beyond me, all I saw of him was being his usual pathetic whimpering fat ass.

Caporegime
I don’t think it’s toooooooo dark on TV but what was confusing was a lot of times I had no idea who’s what, since the white walkers was wielding weapons so in the shadows they look like another soldier and I had no idea what was going on except that’s a messy fight scene.

The amount of extras and dead bodies was very impressive though.

Soldato
That was such an amazing episode, absolutely loved it.

Didn't watch the Sky version so had no issues with the dark scenes, was really amazing to watch on my trusty Panasonic Plasma :D

Associate
The previous big battles like Blackwater, The Wall, Hardhome, B'stards etc were all much more epic than this dross.

After the Dothraki went Leroy Jenkins, the Unsullied were hit by a monumental tidal wave of the dead. The likes of Jamie, Brienne, Jorah and Sam should never have survived that onslaught. Jon did nothing useful but hang on for dear life to his dragon.

Soldato
Lol, what an ill informed comment!

Try watching it, it’s actually really good until it goes all a bit mad with the time travel.

I did watch it, 10 years ago, and all I remember is that season 3-4-5 were crap and the finale turns out they were all ghosts. It was a great series overall and fantastic story and well Evangaline Lilly was hot af., but hey who really cares.

Soldato
Also how the actual **** did Arya managed to vault what must have been 60 yards?

Did she have like a pole or something? If not is she actually like a super frog?

Also the amount of momentum she had to be stopped by her neck? Would that have snapped it in two?

Messed up not having a one on one battle with Jon snow and the king, but I guess they needed there required girl power section.

So cerys to stroll north and wipe them all out as she's the only one with an army?

Soldato
I did watch it, 10 years ago, and all I remember is that season 3-4-5 were crap and the finale turns out they were all ghosts. It was a great series overall and fantastic story and well Evangaline Lilly was hot af., but hey who really cares.

Again that’s wrong though. At no point were they “all ghosts”. Maybe try understanding what you are criticising before doing so?

Back
Top Bottom