*** Mortal Kombat 11 ***

Soldato
I'm enjoying Xbox One X version, once they sort out the grinding and the tower issues it will be spot on. At least they've acknowledged it and are working on fixing it asap, doesn't sound like it will be too long.

Soldato
The negativity just seem abit harsh so far I feel. I really enjoying it from what I have played.

In-game boxes yeah sure we mostly disagree with them but at the same time you not forced to buy them either! You gain nothing that will give you an advantage.

All the negative feedback so far is blown way over the top! This game does not deserve "Negative Rating"

So I will give my first impressions!
Pros
Excellent single player this time
Acting and Voice acting is really good
Training modes are excellent, you can train with all the fighters in a tutorial mode, its great.
Standard single player modes you come to like
Online play is really good so far, lag free felt like I was playing offline!
Online play lobby easy to join and find a match for the different modes
Online play forced to benchmark before you can play and it shows the rated PC performance along with ping before you join a fight.

Cons
Like MK 10 the game is locked to 60fps this doesn't really bother me I understand why fighting games do this, but it still has that stupid 30fps when doing finish moves etc the menu is also 30fps like the krypt! When you fighting you keep going in and out of 60fps/30fps/60fps/30fps etc
Graphics while I think they look decent enough they are not a massive jump up over the last game.
Fighters on release, I think a lot would agree they missed out some fighters that should be here!

So far I would easy give this a 8/10

Soldato
You give it an 8/10 but I guarantee you wont be playing it in 2 weeks this game doesn't have longevity at all.

The actual decent mechanics just aren't there,instead they decided that item grinding was going to be their way of getting people to stick around!

Soldato
You give it an 8/10 but I guarantee you wont be playing it in 2 weeks this game doesn't have longevity at all.

The actual decent mechanics just aren't there,instead they decided that item grinding was going to be their way of getting people to stick around!

I played MK 10 on and off for over a year! Fighting games have never kept me playing every day. I pick them up just like I do with sports games like FIFA.

I'll play the story and when done play online or single tower.

Soldato
not really sure I get the big fuss? Aren't they patching it? Maybe I've not got into the cosmetic/item grind stuff but as a fighting game it's great and the story mode has been good so far! Put about 4 hours in so far and really enjoying it, more so than X.

Soldato
I pretty much agree with Shankly1985's mini review. Also NRS have already acknowledged the grind issue. There is apparently a patch that is coming to fix it and they are giving us all free in-game currency to help unlock stuff in the crypt in the patch.

Review bombing does seem to be a bit of a trend at the moment...take a look on met a critic and people are giving the game 0 cos it doesn't have Mileena in...

Also not sure what systems the people with fps issues have but I'm getting a rock solid 60fps in game with max setting at 1440p.

Soldato
I pretty much agree with Shankly1985's mini review. Also NRS have already acknowledged the grind issue. There is apparently a patch that is coming to fix it and they are giving us all free in-game currency to help unlock stuff in the crypt in the patch.

Review bombing does seem to be a bit of a trend at the moment...take a look on met a critic and people are giving the game 0 cos it doesn't have Mileena in...

Also not sure what systems the people with fps issues have but I'm getting a rock solid 60fps in game with max setting at 1440p.

Yh the only irritating thing that has carried over from X is the 30 fps cap on certain cinematics and x-ray moves. I suspect this is simply a limitation of the engine and we won't see this change until they move on to a new one hopefully for MKXII.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yh the only irritating thing that has carried over from X is the 30 fps cap on certain cinematics and x-ray moves. I suspect this is simply a limitation of the engine and we won't see this change until they move on to a new one hopefully for MKXII.
That jarred me in MKX, was hoping it would have been fixed for this game. Roll on MKXII! Hopefully they get rid of the micro transactions too.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Nice somebody created a mod to allow 60fps fatalities and x-rays. Also enables ultrawide for those that use it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.game-debate.com/amp/news/27004/newsAmpPage.html

Not sure if it works online but given I mostly play offline will definitely try out when I get home.

Makes a hell of a difference gotta be fair, even takes the 30fps cap off the Krypt but seem to get bad performance in that mode for some reason.

But does what its meant to do with the fatalities and x-rays, doesn't take me out of the game now.

Soldato
Makes a hell of a difference gotta be fair, even takes the 30fps cap off the Krypt but seem to get bad performance in that mode for some reason.

But does what its meant to do with the fatalities and x-rays, doesn't take me out of the game now.

Yh gave it a whirl massive difference, even the cutscenes are in 60fps. So much better!

Back
Top Bottom