Poll: Do you prefer to sniff or blow your nose?

Blow or sniff?

• Total voters
Caporegime
I like a good blow fnar fnar

I find sniffing only alleviates any nuisance snot for a few seconds. However, one of the dangers of blowing in public is when you underestimate the amount of snot stuck up your hooter. You end up under preparing tissue wise, and when you finally blow, chaos ensues when you realise just how insufficient your tissue coverage is.

It’s happened to me a couple of times and I still get flashbacks :(

Soldato
The good thing about sniffing is if you do it right you can end up hocking a massive loogie which is perfect for spitting into your nearest spittoon.

Man of Honour
I normally nip to the toilet if I need to blow it because having a decent sized beard means it needs some good cleaning if I'm snotty enough I need to blow it which means generally in public I'll sniff.

Soldato
I like a good blow fnar fnar

I find sniffing only alleviates any nuisance snot for a few seconds. However, one of the dangers of blowing in public is when you underestimate the amount of snot stuck up your hooter. You end up under preparing tissue wise, and when you finally blow, chaos ensues when you realise just how insufficient your tissue coverage is.

It’s happened to me a couple of times and I still get flashbacks :(

a bit of strong kitchen roll ftw, easily defeats all tissues and levels of snot....:p

blow all the way, every one has a nose so why be uncomfortable with stuff irritating it? when a simple blow gets rid of it :)

Soldato
I went to Japan last year and was told repeatedly that snot is considered bodily waste. So blowing your nose in public is pretty rude and tissues should be disposed of immediately.

Of course I got a stinking cold on day 3 :mad: Sure did learn to sniff then!

Soldato
Blow. Don't know how people could prefer sniffing over blowing. At least blowing is over in a few secs for x amount of time. Whereas sniffing is constant sound of snot being sucked up every 5 seconds. Blowing removes the problem (at least temporarily), sniffing just adds to it!

Man of Honour
I don't know what to say in case I'm judged harshly.

Last year I had my fan on full on my desk, pretended to sneeze, threw some water into the fan and it hit a colleague behind me who was grossed out for ages.
It was a while before I told him what I'd actually done.

Back
Top Bottom