*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Soldato
They had a Canada Day sale where all their (USD) prices were in Canadian dollars and it was already reduced slightly from $149 to $119, so that was about £70. Free shipping. Got stung £13 by customs I think. When I got my Ligero (see previous page) it got to my door without them clocking it.

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing what new straps turn up in this thread with the release of the S4.

May be common knowledge but a reminder all your current 42mm bands are compatible with the new S4 44mm size (and likewise for the 38mm to 40mm) since the connector is the same size.

Soldato
I just managed to snag a brand new 42mm Milanese loop from the Argos eBay outlet for £85 using the 10% off code today, that will be a nice change for my S4, also have a link bracelet and will probably grab one of the new Nike black loops when they are sold separately.

Soldato
Soldato
Juuk have just sent out an email, its confirmed that their metal straps do not fit the series 4 properly. They are trying to sort.

A few hours ago, we learned that our metal watch bands do not adequately fit the Series 4. A few customers who've had our bands from their previous series tried them on their shiny new Series 4 today and they didn't fit. I rushed to the Apple store and confirmed this as well, to my huge disappointment and dismay.

I know, Apple said that all previous bands fit Series 4 and that nothing changed, but for us, something changed. We've always prided ourselves in manufacturing to a more precise fit, and now it's finally come back to bite us. They changed something and we're going to figure out what in the coming days as we purchase our own Series 4 samples and work with the factory engineers to determine just what they moved or made smaller. It only takes a difference of 0.05mm to not fit at all at this level of precision.

Soldato
Juuk bands don’t(!) fit S4. Crapppppp. However Eugene isn’t just going to let us suffer:

For those of you who are just starting to get the first shipments of Apple Watch Series 4, congratulations! It's a fantastic update to an already great smartwatch line.

A few hours ago, we learned that our metal watch bands do not adequately fit the Series 4. A few customers who've had our bands from their previous series tried them on their shiny new Series 4 today and they didn't fit. I rushed to the Apple store and confirmed this as well, to my huge disappointment and dismay.

I know, Apple said that all previous bands fit Series 4 and that nothing changed, but for us, something changed. We've always prided ourselves in manufacturing to a more precise fit, and now it's finally come back to bite us. They changed something and we're going to figure out what in the coming days as we purchase our own Series 4 samples and work with the factory engineers to determine just what they moved or made smaller. It only takes a difference of 0.05mm to not fit at all at this level of precision.

A) If you have one of our bands and are getting a Series 4, you may experience one of the following issues I've seen today:

1. the connector doesn't slide in

2. the connector doesn't lock

3. there's a huge gap even if the connector slides in

If this is you, please email me at [email protected] and we'll take care of you, although I need to kindly ask you for your patience and understanding. This is for our customers who've bought our aluminum bands (Ligero, Velo and Vitero). We're transitioning our steel production to a new factory, so the solution isn't as clear at the moment for the Revo and Locarno since there may be compatibility issues between different factories that we'll need to work out.

The preliminary plan of action for aluminum is:

1. We analyze what was changed in Series 4
2. We build a number of samples to test new connector dimensions
3. We manufacture new connectors and swap out our current inventory
4. We manufacture additional connectors for all of you who are affected

Some issues and risks we still face with this plan of action:

1. Aluminum colour consistency is incredibly difficult to achieve, even in the same production batch (I've seen darker and lighter shades of the Space Grey Apple Watch, for example, so even with Apple's clout, they can't do this. It's just an inherent constraint when working with any aluminum colours other than silver). If you need replacements, please keep this in mind.

2. This may take 2-3 months...but we're going to work extremely hard to minimize the timeframe.

B) If you're about to buy a Series 4, only our leather bands will fit because those use standard connectors, unlike our metal bands that all have custom designed and developed connectors that we're known and loved for. Starting today, don't order our metal bands until we take that heading off our homepage and top of the Store ("Our metal bands ONLY FIT the Apple Watch Series 3 or below!").

C) If you don't intend to get a Series 4, and have any previous Series Apple Watch, now's a great time to get one for 30% off. This sale will last till October 31st with the coupon code "JUUKNAC30".

Again, thank you for your understand and support, as always. It is an unforeseen situation that we are trying to mitigate as best and as quickly as possible.

On my way home but I’m anticipating disappointment!

Soldato
Got added to Eugene's list of people who're going to be sent out replacement connectors eventually. He's very apologetic naturally. I suppose Juuk damned themselves in a way because unlike most comparnies they don't use the Apple connectors and decided to go with their own, and them being shaped a certain way meant any fractional change would be fatal - they already didn't fit the S3 as well as the prior models - and so it is with these ones.

In the mean time it might not be smart but the Sport Loop is very comfortable - won't be a band I'd swim with like the fluoroelastomer sport one but the Seashell one I got is an inoffensive grey and white and will do the job for now. Imagine a lot of gym sessions will make it start to reek a bit though so I'll have to give it a clean now and then...

Soldato
Loving the pink :D

2lnwqcn.jpg

Also ordered 4 more bands from the bay :(

Its an addiction I tell you!!! :p

Commissario
OP
As for this Pink strap, it was from the Apple Store Glasgow, Breahead.
Gotcha - So it's an Apple one? The colour is interesting, not one I'd wear though :)
I've gone off my sports loop and I'm back to the very first one posted in this thread, the Apple woven nylon. I've still not found a NATO style that I like enough to wear regularly.

Soldato
Gotcha - So it's an Apple one? The colour is interesting, not one I'd wear though :)
I've gone off my sports loop and I'm back to the very first one posted in this thread, the Apple woven nylon. I've still not found a NATO style that I like enough to wear regularly.

Yeah, a lot £49 but will compare the 3rd party ones and see how the size up in comparison. Yeah, its an acquired taste isn't it :D

The woven nylon your using ATM is sweet, looks good on that watch body.

Soldato
Got added to Eugene's list of people who're going to be sent out replacement connectors eventually. He's very apologetic naturally. I suppose Juuk damned themselves in a way because unlike most comparnies they don't use the Apple connectors and decided to go with their own, and them being shaped a certain way meant any fractional change would be fatal - they already didn't fit the S3 as well as the prior models - and so it is with these ones.

In the mean time it might not be smart but the Sport Loop is very comfortable - won't be a band I'd swim with like the fluoroelastomer sport one but the Seashell one I got is an inoffensive grey and white and will do the job for now. Imagine a lot of gym sessions will make it start to reek a bit though so I'll have to give it a clean now and then...

Little update from Juuk. S4 protoypes...

Kind of wish they'd just use the connectors Apple supplies rather than trying to do their own custom ones, but hopefully they'll get there eventually.

Associate
Pleased to say that I now have all of my Juuk replacement connectors ( 4 Vitero's, 3 Ligero's & 1 Velo. They have done a great job, now fit perfectly and the colour matching is also perfect. Must say customer service has been first class throughout

Soldato
Pleased to say that I now have all of my Juuk replacement connectors ( 4 Vitero's, 3 Ligero's & 1 Velo. They have done a great job, now fit perfectly and the colour matching is also perfect. Must say customer service has been first class throughout

Yeah, I asked for a few extra pins with my replacement connectors because I'd damaged a couple when adjusting the links and they threw them in free of charge. Eugene comes off as a nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom