• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Damn! I don’t know what you just said there, but I’m suddenly in awe of your intellect. That thing, it..it’s got a number in it and everything!

He can't be that intelligent, can't even figure out how to get the itty bitty number two like this, E=mc². :p :D

In Zen2 news, it seems that the B550 boards are not going to be out until September, which is a shame.

Soldato
You can be in disagreement with him, pick out what you think are flaws, none of that interests me, this his job, he is the proverbial expert, i trust his judgment for more than i do some random forum poster.

With that i'm done with this, rage against it all you like you're not going to convince me you're more right than he is.

i'm going for some dinner.

You're not getting this are you, I'm not disagreeing with him I'm disagreeing with the person in that YouTube video you posted, i mean i even quoted where Dr Frog and AMD tell you that the guy in the video is wrong to say "Zen: 10 Integer Execution units", is it that you only get your information from YouTube videos or something as it seems your reading skills are severely lacking, not only have you managed to not take in what I've been telling you but you've also ignored the very guy who you're calling an expert and AMD themselves. :rolleyes:

And FYI I'm not raging against it, whatever it is, I'm just rather shocked than someone would be so gullible and I'm setting the record straight.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
ASUS confirms support for AMD Zen2 on 300 and 400 series boards:

https://www.asus.com/News/EtaH71Hbjuio1arV

ASUS will release BIOS updates for its 300 and 400 series motherboards to add support for next-generation AMD Ryzen CPUs. The latest BIOS update for each motherboard model can be downloaded from the official ASUS website as it becomes available.

The motherboard models scheduled to receive updates are listed below along with their corresponding BIOS versions. Additional motherboard models will be added to the list soon.

Caporegime
When are we expecting some actual news/showings again? I swear this thread has gone on for near eternity and we seem no closer :p

Edit - a month's time. Thanks @beany_bot. I just want me some Ryzen 3000 as this could be last upgrade for my main rig.

Soldato
Which is in 4 weeks time.
giphy.gif

Caporegime
Get ready for the disappointment people. These things are never nirvana.

Pick two of:

- Priced higher than we though
- Fewer IPC than we thought
- Hotter and sweatier than we thought
- Fewer cores / threads than we thought

Soldato
Eh, depends on your expectations. If you're expecting a 16 core 5.0 GHz part with 15% higher IPC at 95 W at £300 I think you're going to have a bad time, mmkay?

Caporegime
Get ready for the disappointment people. These things are never nirvana.

Pick two of:

The thinking seems to be all the tiers will have more cores than Ryzen 2000 but also go up in price, just not by a lot because Intel are still there as competition, certainly you're not suggesting that the top Ryzen 3000 will be more expensive than the 9900K?

You maybe right, and yet given that the 8 core Ryzen 3000 was marginally faster than a 9900K in the Cinebench demo you're going to have to chose between higher IPC vs Ryzen 2000 or higher clock speeds than the 4.7Ghz of the 9900K, which is it?

I can't see it being any Hotter and sweatier than a 9900K at MCE full chat. can you?

We know the package is setup for two 8 core chiplets, Lisa Lue confirmed this herself, now it may be a 12 core to start with saving the 16 core for later on, you maybe right to say they may never actually make a 16 core chip but i think that would be a waste.

Back
Top Bottom