Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
Brilliant film. Saw it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But...

WTF happened to Hulk?!? Completely wasted the character. Should’ve had a massive **** off battle with Thanos at the end. Missed opportunity.

i thought he stole the show! Made me laugh a lot more than most the others

Caporegime
WTF happened to Hulk?!? Completely wasted the character. Should’ve had a massive **** off battle with Thanos at the end. Missed opportunity.

Thought the same, they made him a comedy character when i would guess most people were expecting a Hulk vs Thanos rematch.

Associate
Much like over in Doctor Who, there's plenty of places to get things done smoothly (pre Nu-Who Season 11), or make it stand out badly (Season 11 and likely 12 as well now) because it doesn't fit in well.
Here, you had Captain Marvel, who had demonstrated the ability to cleave right through a starship without breaking a sweat on her entry to the field only moments ago, take the Gauntlet to speed it to the end point and end the fight.
Then have only Female cast surround her in support.
Right.
That's like the support team of Humans on the Watchtower, coming around Superman and saying "We got his back."
Er... Are you guys (or girls in Endgames case) even needed?
It was hollow because of that.
I'm 100% certain it could have been done in a way where them coming together in unison around their comrade in arms for the last push feel less clunky. I mean, did you even see any of them do anything in support of Captain Marvel when she zooms off towards the Van?

Soldato
At the end of the day the MCU is Thor, Cap, I.Man and Hulk.(These guys also helped kept the comic business alive so long) It's been a 10-11 year experiment. I'm glad they didn't mess it up.

Disney will do it's best to try and keep the machine moving forward. I see a lot of people will lose interest now. If you have a look at the upcoming movies it seems very weak. Yes they will make money but it will slowly burn out.

Associate
At the end of the day the MCU is Thor, Cap, I.Man and Hulk.(These guys also helped kept the comic business alive so long) It's been a 10-11 year experiment. I'm glad they didn't mess it up.

Disney will do it's best to try and keep the machine moving forward. I see a lot of people will lose interest now. If you have a look at the upcoming movies it seems very weak. Yes they will make money but it will slowly burn out.
Spiderman will be going back to Sony after the upcoming film too from what I remember reading last year?
I hope Disney will find excuse to utilise other marvel characters as there are lot of other hidden gems that deserve recognition aswell.
Will they reboot Fantastic four? 3rd time the charm right?
Will they reboot X-men again? 3rd time the charm again right?
Will Silver Surfer get a proper debut?

Soldato
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it won't interest me either. Female centric is fine as long as i can feel connected to the characters and like them. I love Black Widow, Wanda, Wasp and Gemora and adore Mantis. But CM comes across as arrogant and robotic, i don't feel a connection to that at all so with anything with her in it i'll pass and wait for it on streaming, and if i don't go to see it then the wife won't go because she only goes to the cinema with me.

They urgently need to make CM interesting pretty fast if they want the cash to keep rolling in. There's nothing interesting to me about a perfect superhero that can just destory everything with one punch, it'll be boring

i agree - CM comes across like snyders superman - arrogant and unlikable.
Every single other female character is better/more interesting/more sympathetic than her.
The problem might be the writing or brie herself - she comes across as being pretty unlikeable irl.

Soldato
Ok I am REALLY looking forward to AsGuardian's of the Galaxy 3, with Thor and Nebula hopefully in it. Perfect crew and setup for an awesome film there. :D

As for the rest of this - yeah I did feel some of it was too slow and drawn out - sure I appreciate trying to show the impact such an event (snap) would have on people, but some moments could have been condensed.

Anyway that's a minor thing - mostly it was awesome and loved the funeral scene etc at the end. Overall it was a victory lap for two characters in particular, and I liked how they finished both of their stories - one a selfless sacrifice, the other got a life.

One thing I've been thinking about though - how did they decide teams for the stones? Ie was it chance that who ended up going for the soul stone - had me thinking what if another team had gone for it, someone else would have had to have sacrificed themselves.

Soldato
dang that was a good film

awesome things:
1. Capt A lift fight setup into nice subversion as well when he gets the scepter without fighting them
2. Antman big punch the leviathan made me go whooooa
3. Thor Lebowski + korg
4. Iron man ending was very good

thinking about it though Capt A taking the stones back at the end

1. Gives back the Soul stone to Red Skull must have been a bit odd, so you dont get a soul back for giving up the stone?
2. He puts Space stone back in the 70's Shield lab, but what about the 2012 one loki stole just after the first avengers film (the one they bungled stealing)
3. Injects Natalie Portman with the Ether (winkwink)
4. Gives the scepter back to dodgy shield/hydra dudes? doesn't that mess up winter soldier now?
5. Power stone goes back to Quill dancing scene from GOTG
6. Time stone I guess he just gives it back to baldy

also peoples ages are a bit messed up now? like peter parker back at school at the end but half of his classmates are now 5 years older than him?

ALTHOUGH i guess who really cares because it was a good film :p

Caporegime
One thing I've been thinking about though - how did they decide teams for the stones? Ie was it chance that who ended up going for the soul stone - had me thinking what if another team had gone for it, someone else would have had to have sacrificed themselves.

That wouldn't really have worked, as Nat and Barton had a deep connection with (plutonic) love.

A lot of the rest of the team were friends, but not necessarily as deep.

also peoples ages are a bit messed up now? like peter parker back at school at the end but half of his classmates are now 5 years older than him?

Judging by the 'Far from Home' trailer, It looks like (conveniently) his 'friends' from Homecoming must have all been dusted as well, so they are all the same age.

His other classmates would long since have graduated high school

Caporegime

awesome things:
1. Capt A lift fight setup into nice subversion as well when he gets the scepter without fighting them
2. Antman big punch the leviathan made me go whooooa
3. Thor Lebowski + korg
4. Iron man ending was very good

thinking about it though Capt A taking the stones back at the end

1. Gives back the Soul stone to Red Skull must have been a bit odd, so you dont get a soul back for giving up the stone?
2. He puts Space stone back in the 70's Shield lab, but what about the 2012 one loki stole just after the first avengers film (the one they bungled stealing)
3. Injects Natalie Portman with the Ether (winkwink)
4. Gives the scepter back to dodgy shield/hydra dudes? doesn't that mess up winter soldier now?
5. Power stone goes back to Quill dancing scene from GOTG
6. Time stone I guess he just gives it back to baldy

ALTHOUGH i guess who really cares because it was a good film :p

That is actually a very good point. The soul stone never needed to be returned as it was never found as it is given. Maybe the stone will be used to revive Black Widow somehow?

Caporegime
Here is a definite plot hole, if you want to be really picky:

We see from Infinity War (Credit Sting) and the start of End Game (Bartons daughter) that anyone 'dusted' gets dusted including their clothes but not necessarily what they were holding, e.g Captain Marvels pager, the bow and arrow etc. We even see fighter craft on the Wakandan battlefield crashing, because their pilots must have been dusted.

However, mere seconds after The Hulks 'reverse snap', we see Bartons phone ringing and it's his wife on the other end.

If she was bought back at their family home, how did she get hold of her 5 year old mobile phone so easily, that was still charged up and connected to the network?

Secondly we see that most of the people entering the battlefield appear from where they were dusted, Sam, Black Panther etc from Wakanda, Dr. Strange, Spider-man and the Guardians from Titan etc.

So what happened to people that were travelling (for instance) in planes above the atlantic. Do they re-appear 5 years later, 30,000 feet in the air? I guess you could make the argument that The Hulk bought everyone back 'in a safe place' but it certainly raises these questions.

Soldato
That is actually a very good point. The soul stone never needed to be returned as it was never found as it is given. Maybe the stone will be used to revive Black Widow somehow?

he has to put it back so that it is there for thanos to swap for gamora during Infinity War, I guess CA gives it back but doesnt get back BW,

We see from Infinity War (Credit Sting) and the start of End Game (Bartons daughter) that anyone 'dusted' gets dusted including their clothes but not necessarily what they were holding, e.g Captain Marvels pager, the bow and arrow etc. We even see fighter craft on the Wakandan battlefield crashing, because their pilots must have been dusted.

However, mere seconds after The Hulks 'reverse snap', we see Bartons phone ringing and it's his wife on the other end.

If she was bought back at their family home, how did she get hold of her 5 year old mobile phone so easily, that was still charged up and connected to the network?

Secondly we see that most of the people entering the battlefield appear from where they were dusted, Sam, Black Panther etc from Wakanda, Dr. Strange, Spider-man and the Guardians from Titan etc.

So what happened to people that were travelling (for instance) in planes above the atlantic. Do they re-appear 5 years later, 30,000 feet in the air? I guess you could make the argument that The Hulk bought everyone back 'in a safe place' but it certainly raises these questions.

with the infinity gauntlet you can just do what ever the hell you like i think! so *magic* everything is fine

Soldato

Isn't akin to a wish to a genie. e.g. "bring back everyone Thanos wished away, safely, to the present day".

Back
Top Bottom