What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Mercy Black 5/10

Thought this started off pretty well with the premise of a woman being released from a mental prison due to her killing a friend when she was a kid in an attempt to summon some entity "Mercy Black". Was all going well until around 5 mins from the end when it just goes ridiculous.

Soldato
Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Enjoyed it a lot. Some stories resonated with me more than others, particularly liked the 'meal ticket' story. Last story felt a bit of a let down compared with the rest, though (mirrored, and bookended, the opening story, though, I guess)

Brawl on Cell Block 99. A pretty ropey, low budget crime/prison violence movie lifted considerably by an excellent Vince Vaughan performance. I enjoyed it, thanks to VV, but stick Steve Austin in the lead role and this wouldn't be out of place with WWE's movie output.

Soldato
Spiderman into the Spiderverse - 9/10

Superb film, excellent animation, outstanding music, good plot, decent comedy elements. Really hoping for a sequel.

I keep meaning to see that. Hopefully it will come to Sky movies sooner rather than later. I've not heard many, if any, complaints about that film.

Bird box 7/10

Surprisingly entertaining drama, I liked how they never actually showed the monster as well

I actually hated that I didn't show the monster, it felt sort of cheap in my eyes. The whole film felt like a budget A Quiet Place. It wasn't awful and I'd recommend watching it but I don't think I would've went to the cinema to watch it.

Soldato
Just watched Endgame. I need to have a think but my initial reaction is I don't think I liked it. I'll probably watch it again in a week or so to see if that changes

Caporegime
Avengers: Endgame

Infinity War was always going to be a hard act to follow but, boy, did they manage it! Funny, sad, bold, amazingly well paced, superhero action at its best. A fitting end for characters we've enjoyed in recent years.

10/10.

Back
Top Bottom