Oculus Rift

Soldato
Elite, regardless of version requires a Frontier Store account, without it you can't login and play, steam and oculus should tell you this but I've not done it so am not sure. So long as you have purchased it from either (actually wherever) you should have a key that will activate on the frontier store and allow you to create an account. Once done you can login and request a key for steam/oculus or download the direct launcher, whichever takes your preference just make sure you login via the account you made on the frontier store.

bazzabear, why do you have it installed twice?

Soldato
Elite, regardless of version requires a Frontier Store account, without it you can't login and play, steam and oculus should tell you this but I've not done it so am not sure. So long as you have purchased it from either (actually wherever) you should have a key that will activate on the frontier store and allow you to create an account. Once done you can login and request a key for steam/oculus or download the direct launcher, whichever takes your preference just make sure you login via the account you made on the frontier store.

bazzabear, why do you have it installed twice?

Because when I wanted to get it to work with the Oculus I was initially having trouble getting SteamVR working. The website had a way of getting an Oculus key for the game - which I used thinking it would give access. But it actually installed it again.

I could delete one of them, but I haven't got around to it yet.

Associate
Cheers. Is Bridge Crew playable single player?

How are people finding getting a crew together?
I have always just used the quick match option but lately there has been no one around. This is typically at 10pm GMT using either the Europe or America servers.

Is the game completely dead, have I been unlucky or do I need to open some ports or something?

Associate
Picked up my Rift today for a spot of VR and found the left eye display is dead. Oculus have been good so far though, about an hour after opening the ticket they've arranged for return. Hopefully not too long to get up and running again.

Soldato
Because when I wanted to get it to work with the Oculus I was initially having trouble getting SteamVR working. The website had a way of getting an Oculus key for the game - which I used thinking it would give access. But it actually installed it again.

I could delete one of them, but I haven't got around to it yet.

regardless of what version you play you DONT want to be using steamVR with the rift. Any title which supports the rift natively - and elite does - make sure you are NOT going through steamVR as it is an inferior experience (on the rift)

Associate
Replacement unit arrived- can't complain about the service (7 days). Can complain about the (refurbished) replacement also being broken though :( Looks like a dodgy cable, or more likely a dodgy socket on the headset. If I touch the plug behind the facial interface it connects/disconnects.

Associate
Does anyone know for certain if any of the settings in the Nvidia control panel have any effect on the rift. It appears it doesn't to me.
No they don't have any effect. I think you can change some the colour effects hue saturation by plugging monitor into HDMI port setting it up then plugging the rift back in. Seem to remember doing this back in the day as dcs was bit washed out

Associate
Don't really see much in the "S" to tempt me- the resolution is fine on the CV1 and I have no issues using the usual sensors. Any word/rumours/rumblings on whether CV1 support is going to be continued going forwards?

Associate
Pre ordered the rift s from Amazon if it's not a big enough upgrade from cv1 then I will just send it back.

I think it's worth it just to have the cameras so you can look around without taking the headset off.

Don't really see much in the "S" to tempt me- the resolution is fine on the CV1 and I have no issues using the usual sensors. Any word/rumours/rumblings on whether CV1 support is going to be continued going forwards?

The resolution is bad on the CV1 if you use the Oculus Go you immediately notice how much better it is.

Associate
I think it's worth it just to have the cameras so you can look around without taking the headset off.
Did not know this was a thing with the rift s - interesting.

Guy in the unboxing was not exactly gushing over the increase in visuals plus the lack of headphones looks annoying but I think the rift s is currently top of my list

Back
Top Bottom