The Tesla Thread

DiG

DiG

Associate
It would be nice to set something up so you use someone’s link, then the next person uses yours etc. Are the links available before you order?

Soldato
I have a referral code from my recent purchase if anyone does need one. Can trust message me and I’ll provide it.

Regarding performance, the 5.5s to 60 doesn’t tell the story. Even the long range is 30-70mph as quick as a mclaren 570s, and quicker than a GT-R. Having no gears makes a big difference.

Soldato
Regarding performance, the 5.5s to 60 doesn’t tell the story. Even the long range is 30-70mph as quick as a mclaren 570s, and quicker than a GT-R. Having no gears makes a big difference.

This is where insurance companies are going to have a really hard time adjusting, the BEV market with more and more normal cars being equivalent to the pre-historic ICE super cars, entire streets of people having a vehicle that they would have never thought possible in performance terms, I shudder to think what those idiotic traffic light grand prix are going to become.

Associate
whilst ive got 2 on order... its laughable to think of these blomanges as sports cars, and I honestly dont care what the stats say.

On the subject of the model 3, I only put down a deposit to see if there was a possibility to flip them but it looks like the reservations werent worth the bother. Need to decide if I want one to replace mine or the wifes daily..... really not sure tbh. Going to see what the configurator looks like when they release it and see. Already much prefer the looks of an e-tron.

haters gonna hate lol.

Soldato
They’re clearly not sports cars, in the same way you wouldn’t say an M3/4 is a sports car. They are however, especially the performance version, immensely capable, and proven to be quicker even on the track than BMW’s direct competitor.

They have supercar levels of acceleration even in base trim, and below 100 embarrass almost all of my other cars.

Associate
Yeah, I get it. Ive driven a Model S and it was fast.... still dont think I could daily one, in spite of my commute being probably ideal. My perfect daily is probably an RS6 Avant right now... Combo of speed, noise, space, comfort etc. I just dont get on with the looks of them tbh. Like I said, ill wait and see what the UK configurator looks like and then decide.

Soldato
Already much prefer the looks of an e-tron.
My perfect daily is probably an RS6 Avant right now... Combo of speed, noise, space, comfort etc

Looks are subjective, and the I think the only thing the Etron has going for it is the quietness in the cabin. As for noise, I can't stand car noise it's a waste of time and just unnecessary pollution in an already overly noisy and chaotic world. There's always going to be car lovers who remember "the good old days" in the future just like some people still keep horses, but noise is UGLY.

Associate
in the words of clarkson..... poooowweeeerrrr :D:D:D

im sure the world will continue to move towards a vegan friendly, sanitised, nannying future but ill try and keep a garage full of more interesting vehicles from a time when "driving" was actually considered a hobby! The sad thing is that this doesnt feel like that far off, and the whole thing being relegated to "transport". Why not get everyone on public transport and cut out the step in between!!!

As for the e-tron et al.... My guess is that the only real difference we will end up with in a few years time on these BEV's will be the look and size of them. They will all be quick, all have decent tech, all have similar range. Gone will be the days of being concerned with number of cylinders, transmission qualities etc.

Soldato
in the words of clarkson..... poooowweeeerrrr :D:D:D

im sure the world will continue to move towards a vegan friendly, sanitised, nannying future but ill try and keep a garage full of more interesting vehicles from a time when "driving" was actually considered a hobby! The sad thing is that this doesnt feel like that far off, and the whole thing being relegated to "transport". Why not get everyone on public transport and cut out the step in between!!!

As for the e-tron et al.... My guess is that the only real difference we will end up with in a few years time on these BEV's will be the look and size of them. They will all be quick, all have decent tech, all have similar range. Gone will be the days of being concerned with number of cylinders, transmission qualities etc.

I am pretty sure it will still be considered a hobby, if not more so than it is now, and have a much more close knit community of car lovers not just idiots with big exhausts on a PCP'd Focus ST's. I used to love car noise, thought it was cool, then I lived next to a "30MPH" A-road, and that changed my mind 180 degrees, and now realise that its just annoying and when you've heard the **** head with a Merc C63 V8/6.3 driving past at whatever stupid speed and making it sounds like an earthquake at 22:00 with kids in bed it is just becomes utterly irritating.

I guess you've never used public transport, just to let you in on a little known secret the busses and trains don't come to your door, you have to go to them. :p :D

Soldato
The Model 3 is now available to order in the UK, June delivery currently expected.

Pricing after PICG from £38,900 (SR+).

£47,900 for LR Dual Motor and £56,900 for Performance. Just as an aside that means you'll have to pay the premium car VED (£310/year for years 2-6) even on the SR+.

Soldato
Autopark and Summon will both work now. Autopark is OK but I find it tediously slow so never use it. Summon is quite handy at times though, I often summon mine out of the garage if I have my daughter with me so I can keep hold of her at the same time.

Soldato
No PCP option :( Too expensive to buy on HP so will need to wait. I can afford the SR+ on HP but really want the LR.

I would go with Autopilot only for now and then replace in 3/4 years when legislation, etc is all sorted for FSD.

Have a referral link in case anyone is looking for one - message via trust as don't think we're allowed to advertise the link directly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom