The Tesla Thread

Soldato
So the one that I would want
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
is a £50k car. Too rich for me as my main car is normally only used 6-8 days a month (work from home and long journeys to airports/family).

I know there are fuel savings but that's future Paul's problem, not mine.

Soldato
I was thinking the same.

LR dual motor ordered with FSD in grey, black interior. Kids wanted black exterior but I'll be forever cleaning the damn thing.

I thought that about the white and went with blue. Difficult choice as the white looks amazing.

I'm currently torn between the SR+ and LR. LR obviously has more miles but that is what your at home charger is for. Even long drives I don't mind stopping for 20 mins. Suppose it comes down to if AWD and the little extras like live traffic is worth the extra. With servicing and fuel savings, I actually think the SR+ would be cheaper than me replacing my Golf GTD with an equivalent.

Soldato
So, I'm a deposit holder and I've zero notification of this at all. Really terrible service/communication. Wonder if deposit holders will even get any priority on orders.

Anyway, this is a lot more than I was hoping for it to come in at so I dont think ill be ordering. They've effectively wiped out the fuel savings in the price of the car.

Could've had a Model S for the HP prices that are currently showing as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought that about the white and went with blue. Difficult choice as the white looks amazing.

I'm currently torn between the SR+ and LR. LR obviously has more miles but that is what your at home charger is for. Even long drives I don't mind stopping for 20 mins. Suppose it comes down to if AWD and the little extras like live traffic is worth the extra. With servicing and fuel savings, I actually think the SR+ would be cheaper than me replacing my Golf GTD with an equivalent.

I've had two white cars now and fancied the change however I must admit I do like the white.

LR accepts the faster charge as well IIRC

DiG

DiG

Associate
£53,750 for the spec I want, vs $55,500. Was hoping it would be closer to £45000 to be honest and not sure I want to pay *that* much. Not that it matters but not getting any advance access or special treatment given the 3 year wait as a reservation holder doesn't feel great

Man of Honour
So for a good spec one the hire purchase amount isn’t that much lower than the Model S?

They really need some sort of PCP scheme going too.

Soldato
£53,750 for the spec I want, vs $55,500. Was hoping it would be closer to £45000 to be honest and not sure I want to pay *that* much. Not that it matters but not getting any advance access or special treatment given the 3 year wait as a reservation holder doesn't feel great

I've cancelled my reservation. I was expecting the base model to be a lot closer to £30k before grant. And with the higher price effectively wiping out any fuel saving over an ICE car, then there's really no case for it now.

Soldato
$55,000 = £42,100 (xe.com, Tesla won’t get this rate)
Plus tariff (10%) = £4,210
Plus VAT (20%) = £8,420
Less PICG = £3,500

= £51,230,

£53k is spot on then given there is a document and delivery fee added after the US price and some wiggle room in the exchange rate. Not sure why you expected £45k, that was never going to happen.

£40k for the SR+ is well in line with expectations too and in line with what most were posting here a few pages back.

Soldato
Keep an eye on EVEZY for a monthly hire/lease with 10 days return notice after the first month. Could be a good way to experience a Tesla without the financial commitment. Assuming they can get stock of course.

Soldato
Yeah don't know how people can be disappointed in the price, it's very well priced compared to the US version. I was pleasantly surprised by the price really, not that i'm in any position to buy one myself but i think it's about where it needs to be.

Anyone who thought it was magically going to be sub 30k was deluded. The Kia/Hyundai Nero SUV thing is about £36k so this feels about right.

DiG

DiG

Associate
$55,000 = £42,100 (xe.com, Tesla won’t get this rate)
Plus tariff (10%) = £4,210
Plus VAT (20%) = £8,420
Less PICG = £3,500

= £51,230,

£53k is spot on then given there is a document and delivery fee added after the US price and some wiggle room in the exchange rate. Not sure why you expected £45k, that was never going to happen.

£40k for the SR+ is well in line with expectations too and in line with what most were posting here a few pages back.

I didn't know there was a 10% tariff and presumed that there would be some % of sales tax in the US that would largely equal VAT - I didn't spend any time looking up relative tax rates. Useful to know where the difference comes from though - not really Teslas fault.

Soldato
I think the pricing is great. If I was in the market for a performance saloon it's an absolute no brainer, destroys everything in it's class. Maybe in 2-3 years when they're around 40k I can scrape the coinage together.

Associate
So, I'm a deposit holder and I've zero notification of this at all. Really terrible service/communication. Wonder if deposit holders will even get any priority on orders.

Anyway, this is a lot more than I was hoping for it to come in at so I dont think ill be ordering. They've effectively wiped out the fuel savings in the price of the car.

Could've had a Model S for the HP prices that are currently showing as well.

Agreed, service is appaling and id expect long standing deposit holders to get some priority. Not the end of the world, but ill be cancelling my 2 orders.

The lack of PCP is worrying as it means they cant find a finance company to stand by the residuals.

Soldato
The sales guys are saying reservation holders are getting shipping priority. I.e. orders are being matched to cars being manufactured in order of reservation, not in order of date ordered.

They told me to order via the website and then when they call closer to delivery, ask them if PCP is ready. They believe it will be ready shortly.

Soldato
Agreed, service is appaling and id expect long standing deposit holders to get some priority. Not the end of the world, but ill be cancelling my 2 orders.

The lack of PCP is worrying as it means they cant find a finance company to stand by the residuals.

I suspect it's more likely they know demand is so high they don't need to offer it yet.

Back
Top Bottom