The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Permabanned
Noice - what aperture is the 135mm?

Supposed rumour that the A9ii will be coming out in September and it will be 'revolutionary'. It's fairly balls to the wall so other than upgrading the flip & touch screen, SD card slots and FPS in mechanical - not sure how revolutionary it can be.

Edit - 135mm f1.8 :eek:! Wowsers. Keen to see some reviews on how it does compared to the 85mms.

Yes, f1.8

That quick shot was just a little play after unboxing to test at f1.8 and see what it could do, with a gf who wouldn’t let me take many shots as she didn’t feel like being photographed lol.

Think it came out well and the sharpness at f1.8 is impressive and bokeh looks good.

Will pop back with some more shots when I’ve had a better play.

The 85 was my fav lens but this might overtake it.

Caporegime
I thought it was too good not to share :)

It's really impressed me even on smaller animals. I go to a lot of zoos, parks etc so its very useful. Hopefully it wont be far behind on the A9 :)
Sony Eye-AF is in my opinion revolutionary, the animal addition now makes a Sony A73/A9 cameras so versatile for almost all kinds of photography.

Caporegime
What's their post launch support like for previous versions of the A7S/A7R/A7x?

These latest firmware sound game changing, wonder if there is any left in the tank for the likes of the A9 and A7iii? Particularly the touch screen (making the menus touch)...

Last edited:
Caporegime

These latest firmware sound game changing, wonder if there is any left in the tank for the likes of the A9 and A7iii? Particularly the touch screen...

Touch screen in all.
EVF for A7III.
Curtain to go down when camera is off.

Incremental but welcome.

Caporegime

These latest firmware sound game changing, wonder if there is any left in the tank for the likes of the A9 and A7iii? Particularly the touch screen (making the menus touch)...

Could be easily done. So could focus stacking in camera.

Soldato
A7iii going for £1,519.00 (E-Infinity) with a kit lens - absolute steal. If only I could justify the purchase now...

Are they dependable do you think? Warranty etc. if something goes wrong? The problem I have is the Sony A7iii had some audiojack issues. Not sure if the extra £300 via Amazon is a bit safer..

I keep trying to convince myself to get a different camera with a flip screen but that eye autofocus is just ridiculous. Its like a hack for portraits.

Caporegime
Are they dependable do you think? Warranty etc. if something goes wrong? The problem I have is the Sony A7iii had some audiojack issues. Not sure if the extra £300 via Amazon is a bit safer..

I keep trying to convince myself to get a different camera with a flip screen but that eye autofocus is just ridiculous. Its like a hack for portraits.

I haven't used them myself but they seem to rate well enough on Trust Pilot. I have used a grey import site for my Sigma 18-35 1.8 though and had no issues. Hopefully someone else can interject but I assume the warranty is valid and could you not put the camera on a gadget/contents insurance to cover it after the first year?

Back
Top Bottom