do virgin block vpn

Associate
Hi i am trying to set up a us movie account and tried tunnel bear and nord vpn both are know to work and both say connected but wondered if it could be anything to do with virgin ?
Thanks

Associate
The Virgin Superhub does mess with VPN's. It used to be under firewall settings, IPsec, L2TP and PPTP pass through, but I think its been moved somewhere else, from memory something like packet inspection?

Soldato
Have you successfully used these VPNs with the services you're trying by other means? e.g. on your phone over 4G?

Reason I ask is because it is more likely the VPN is working fine but the movie service you are trying to use is wise the VPN and blocks it rather than your ISP. Netflix is notoriously good at detecting VPN usage and blocking you for example.

Associate
OP
Have you successfully used these VPNs with the services you're trying by other means? e.g. on your phone over 4G?

Reason I ask is because it is more likely the VPN is working fine but the movie service you are trying to use is wise the VPN and blocks it rather than your ISP. Netflix is notoriously good at detecting VPN usage and blocking you for example.
No note used this service before (movies anywhere) but following what others have used in the last week, getting someone to try and set it up to see if its at my end

Associate
Anyone use Cisco Anyconnect with Virgin?

I'm moving soon and cant get decent ADSL or fiber so VM is my best option. However I work from home a lot and need to use Cisco VPN, so i'm worried I'm going to have big problems

Thanks

Soldato
I'm guessing from OP's responses it is this one: https://moviesanywhere.com/explore
Thought it was that, DNS alteration is better and more consistent than using a VPN.

I’ve made a guide over in the Apple section, Movies Anywhere are on the ball when it comes to signing up from the UK, DNS was the only option until a few weeks ago, now they even struggle.

If you can find a VPN or DNS provider which is not very common, you’ll have better luck.

Back
Top Bottom