Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
It annoys me that your proper sportscar has a rear wiper and my boring S60 saloon doesn't have one...

My C30 has one :D.

I wouldn't do without it tbh, there is a wipers delete mod that some C30 owners do and I think they are mad. Driving a completely clean car in the dry on a clear day still result in a lot of dirt, dust, carbon build up. Something about the aero of the car that really pulls up the exhausts carbon onto the back. Without a wiper I would be constantly cleaning it daily

Soldato
Haha, I knew the wiper would get a mention. I'm happy with it tbh, it doesn't stick out like it does on the 987.

Porsche have fitted rear wipers to their cars since the dawn of time, I'm confident in the function over form in this case :)

True. Although I prefer the look of coupés without rear wipers, there's been a few times when I could have done with one while manoeuvring in the wet.

Man of Honour
It annoys me looking at the dirty rear window in the mirror, so I just extended the rear sun shade. :D

Why is your rear window dirty? A saloon doesn't have one because it doesn't need one. There is no vortex of air kicked up against the rear screen as there is in a hatch.

Soldato
Pretty sure the rear wipers on a Cayman are an optional extra.

No, EVERYTHING on a Cayman is an optional extra. Makes getting the 'right' spec quite difficult unless all you want is the base car.

Mine is quite well specced for a Cayman, but is almost poverty spec compared to my Lexus ISF which had everything x2.

Caporegime
No, EVERYTHING on a Cayman is an optional extra. Makes getting the 'right' spec quite difficult unless all you want is the base car.

Mine is quite well specced for a Cayman, but is almost poverty spec compared to my Lexus ISF which had everything x2.

Oh believe me, I know better than most. Hence why I have a white car when I really don't like white cars! The rest of the spec on it made it worth it though.

Soldato
I almost gave in and got a white one, grew tired of holding out for the right spec. Luckily this one popped up at the local OPC. I don't like white cars as a rule, but Porsches actually look pretty good in white.

Soldato
Ah, you've got a 981 also. Good choice. I don't have the spec to hand, but it's something like:

Extended leather
20'' Turbo alloys
PDK
PCM incl nav (why nav isn't standard with PCM I don't know)
Sound Package Plus
USB and AUX
Dual Air con (why isn't this standard?)
Bluetooth
Dimming and Folding Mirrors
Heated seats
Multifunction Sports steering wheel
Heated steering wheel
Rear wiper

A couple more but I forget. Missing PSE but I could add it later. Honestly not sure it needs it

How does that compare to yours?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom