Do you still use bookmarks?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I noticed today that I only ever add bookmark when I'm doing some research and need to store some useful pages. This isn't often, the majority of the time I simply type the first few letters of a website and the search/address bar completes the rest.

How often do you bookmark a website? How has your habit changed?

Soldato
Usually I just remember what I need to remember and forget the rest :p I haven't bookmarked for a long time either but my lastpass is meticulously organised into categories so anything with a login is easy to find if I forget the URL/name

Soldato
I bookmark and drag onto the 'Bookmarks Toolbar' on Firefox, it's then just 1 click to get to where I want to go.

Even less work than typing out the first few letters like some people do here, that's how lazy I am. :p

Soldato
I have about 20 dealers bookmarked that I check each week, some sites that help my research and work, and then the usual social media and communications sites. Surely, nobody types their sites into the address box all the time?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Surely, nobody types their sites into the address box all the time?

For these forums all I do is click into the address bar press f and enter, goes straight here. Same with a lot of websites - Y for YouTube, G for Gmail etc. All handled by Chrome nicely.

Soldato
Not really, pretty much type a few letters in on browser and finds the page. More effort moving the mouse or tabbing to bookmark :p

That said, I do use them on my work laptop for all the convoluted links there to various portals I need to access, but even then, only a handful.

Soldato
I still have bookmarks but mostly just have 4 constantly open tabs and the rest, less frequent visited on Chromes what do you call it, speed dial?

Soldato
Only a select few bookmarks - they haven’t changed in years really; OcUK Forum, Gmail, YouTube and Reddit

Associate
I have a few main ones, email, facebook, banking etc. All the usual.

Work is another story, so many webpages/server addresses to memorize so it's easier to make bookmarks. Probably have in excess of 100 easily :o

Back
Top Bottom