Clever Router! :)

Soldato
https://www.shapertools.com/store

Eye-wateringly expensive mind,

And not only that there are not insignificant consumable costs too every single time you use it.

But damn clever nevertheless.

I can certainly see how a professional woodworker, Or even a determined hobbyist. (IE I want to make all my own furniture! :p) might well find something like this useful.

Associate
Interesting. Fairly limited use I would have thought. I don't see how it can be quite as accurate as a CNC as it's still prone to small hand movements off line. Equally a normal router with a fairly simple jig, router table, guide rail or bearing driven bit can produce some very good results. I think for working on very large things that wouldn't fit a CNC, for example routing letters or a logo in something very large it could be handy. But I would imagine that's a fairly limited market and as you say, it's a bit on the pricey side!

Dave

Associate
Clever though highly unlikely to replace a large cnc cutting table in a wood shop. I can see for bespoke flooring it could be useful, but you could make a lot of routing jigs for the price of one of those.

Man of Honour
I don't see how it can be quite as accurate as a CNC as it's still prone to small hand movements off line.

I've seen some videos of it in the past, essentially you move it in the rough direction it tells you but auto corrects your motion and moves around to create the pattern:

Autocorrect.gif

autolock_fillmore.gif

Soldato
If you want to learn how to make furniture properly Paul Sellers is your man.

I remember the days when the only thing to watch that was remotely related to furniture was the New Yankee work shop, on a television :)

I first saw this CNC router a few years ago, while It's a clever idea I can't really see any real world application for it.

Back
Top Bottom