Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Ah, you've got a 981 also. Good choice. I don't have the spec to hand, but it's something like:

Extended leather
20'' Turbo alloys
PDK
PCM incl nav (why nav isn't standard with PCM I don't know)
Sound Package Plus
USB and AUX
Dual Air con (why isn't this standard?)
Bluetooth
Dimming and Folding Mirrors
Heated seats
Multifunction Sports steering wheel
Heated steering wheel
Rear wiper

A couple more but I forget. Missing PSE but I could add it later. Honestly not sure it needs it

How does that compare to yours?

PSE was on my must have list. It really is that good! Awesome that it can be retrofitted though.

Spec list on mine is pretty silly but it does miss things like the heated steering wheel which I would have liked.

AqKWT7.png

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Oh believe me, I know better than most. Hence why I have a white car when I really don't like white cars! The rest of the spec on it made it worth it though.

There is nothing wrong with a white Cayman :p

I even paid for it to be white :(

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Lol. If you like white, you like white. Totally your taste. I don't, despite mine being white :p

However as nae said some cars look good in it. And boxsters and caymans do. Particularly gt4s.

White tends to suite more curvey cars more IMO but its always subjective to a point.

Is yours a standard white or carrara metallic white as there is quiet a bit different between the two?

Caporegime
White tends to suite more curvey cars more IMO but its always subjective to a point.

Is yours a standard white for the carrara metallic white as there is quiet a bit different between the two?

Sadly mines just pure white. It was the sacrifice I had to make to get the spec I wanted without going new and the I wouldn't have paid what this cost new for the spec as that was 911 money.
I do sometimes wish that I'd gone for the Cayman as it really did just have that extra edge on the handling (and in my opinion looks) but when you get a sunny day nothing beats having the top down, PSE active, sports mode and a good twisty road!

Soldato
Sadly mines just pure white. It was the sacrifice I had to make to get the spec I wanted without going new and the I wouldn't have paid what this cost new for the spec as that was 911 money.
I do sometimes wish that I'd gone for the Cayman as it really did just have that extra edge on the handling (and in my opinion looks) but when you get a sunny day nothing beats having the top down, PSE active, sports mode and a good twisty road!

You have got a mighty spec there, so ignore the colour. I'd have liked the PASM, however luckily for me the ride is really good with 20s. As you say, I wouldn't have wanted to be the guy who optioned the car from new, just doesn't represent value.

Caporegime
You have got a mighty spec there, so ignore the colour. I'd have liked the PASM, however luckily for me the ride is really good with 20s. As you say, I wouldn't have wanted to be the guy who optioned the car from new, just doesn't represent value.

The ride is outstanding. I came from a 6 series bmw with adaptive suspension and the damping is so much better in this. Spec is great but I'll remain jealous of your colour and heated steering wheel!
Yours also has my favourite style of wheels.

How many times have you pulled past the pump when you've gone to fill it up? :p

Soldato
The ride is outstanding. I came from a 6 series bmw with adaptive suspension and the damping is so much better in this. Spec is great but I'll remain jealous of your colour and heated steering wheel!
Yours also has my favourite style of wheels.

How many times have you pulled past the pump when you've gone to fill it up? :p

Wow, PASM does sound amazing then. I'll have to get it on the next one. I believe the boxster ride is slightly more 'relaxed' anyway, sounds like you have the perfect setup. Haha I used my heated wheel this morning and it went from zero to hero! Will def tick that box too on the next one.

Thank you for your comment re my wheels. They weren't my first choice and I thought they looked odd in pictures (too busy?) perhaps its the wheel vs sidewall ratio, but in person they are lovely :cool:

Caporegime
Wow, PASM does sound amazing then. I'll have to get it on the next one. I believe the boxster ride is slightly more 'relaxed' anyway, sounds like you have the perfect setup. Haha I used my heated wheel this morning and it went from zero to hero! Will def tick that box too on the next one.

Thank you for your comment re my wheels. They weren't my first choice and I thought they looked odd in pictures (too busy?) perhaps its the wheel vs sidewall ratio, but in person they are lovely :cool:

Out of curiosity, what's the paint condition on yours like near the side intakes? Mine is pretty heavily stonechipped and I'm considering having it repaired.

Back
Top Bottom