Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Damn you. I bought a mitt based on a previous post of yours :p

One of mine? :eek: - which mitt did you buy?

I also avoid the lambs wool products - maintaining them is so much fussier than the microfibre. Especially when you accidentally put it in the washing machine with powder :p :D

@leoncuprar nope, I buy and try most. I recently binned a load that I don’t bother with. The second rate stuff gets used on my wife’s car :)

Associate
Just bought some Auto Finesse Obliterate to clean the tar off my car, I know white cars show the the dirt, but the amount of tar :(

Soldato
One of mine? :eek: - which mitt did you buy?

I also avoid the lambs wool products - maintaining them is so much fussier than the microfibre. Especially when you accidentally put it in the washing machine with powder :p :D

@leoncuprar nope, I buy and try most. I recently binned a load that I don’t bother with. The second rate stuff gets used on my wife’s car :)

Just re-clicked on the link you posted and it went to the Kent Wash Cloth, i'm sure when i first clicked on it it went to the mitt!

Man of Honour
First rain with Polar Seal on. Geez. Haven’t seen water beading and repelling like it - on everything, glass, plastic, paint. Impressive stuff considering all I did was spray it on with the lance and then wash off again :p. Water hates my car now.

Blows every sealant I have used out of the water.

Ease of use vs. effectiveness is ridiculous.

Caporegime
First rain with Polar Seal on. Geez. Haven’t seen water beading and repelling like it - on everything, glass, plastic, paint. Impressive stuff considering all I did was spray it on with the lance and then wash off again :p. Water hates my car now.

I thought that’s just a snow foam for cleaning?

Soldato

I used it for the first time last weekend and the beading is great, and as you say, extremely easy to apply. :cool:

Man of Honour
I thought that’s just a snow foam for cleaning?

3 products.

Polar Blast
Polar Wash
Polar Seal

Yup, this. The blast is the snow foam, the wash is for you to be able to hand wash with a crazy thick layer of foam and then the seal protects. The seal is so strange when it goes on - it starts like a foam, but then clings to the surface and repels all of the water, it is great fun to watch.

I used to rainx the windows - it took ages and didn’t last long. This seems to have the same effect, but also lasts. Autoglym say for a month, we’ll see.

Caporegime
Yup, this. The blast is the snow foam, the wash is for you to be able to hand wash with a crazy thick layer of foam and then the seal protects. The seal is so strange when it goes on - it starts like a foam, but then clings to the surface and repels all of the water, it is great fun to watch.

I used to rainx the windows - it took ages and didn’t last long. This seems to have the same effect, but also lasts. Autoglym say for a month, we’ll see.

Problem with this detailing malarky is that there is always some new products I want to try, way before what I have is even half way through….

Soldato
2.5L for blast and wash, 1L for seal on amazon (seems I bought them while they were reduced). There are 5L trade versions though, but with different names.

Halfords annoyingly had 20% off recently, i saw it one day but didn't order it online, went to do it the next day and it had ended! I ended up paying £40 for all 3 from a seller on Ebay (Status Care Care i think)

Hoping the weather holds out over the weekend.

Out of interest, how does all this stuff work on a soft top roof? Presumably it's fine.

Man of Honour
Halfords annoyingly had 20% off recently, i saw it one day but didn't order it online, went to do it the next day and it had ended! I ended up paying £40 for all 3 from a seller on Ebay (Status Care Care i think)

Hoping the weather holds out over the weekend.

Out of interest, how does all this stuff work on a soft top roof? Presumably it's fine.

I think you are meant to avoid putting one of the products on there. It could be polar seal. It says on the back of one of them. I don't have the bottles to hand, but worth a check.

Edit: Yup, 'Polar Seal is not suitable for use on soft top convertibles'. Just avoid the top when spraying it on. Easy enough to do.

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw the Car Throttle video about that Polar Seal stuff, but I kind of dismissed it - it was obviously a paid promotion, so I wasn't expecting much criticism anyway, but I figured that any product that easy to apply probably wouldn't be very durable. Is it really that good then?

If it really is as good as claimed, I'd be happy. I've given the car a couple of quick washes over the last few weeks, but each time, I haven't bothered waxing as it takes so long as it so labour intensive - I always end up just saying to myself "I'll do it at the next wash.", as I do't drive often anymore. I'd be really happy with something I could spray over the car using the snow foam lance. Presumably you just do that, rinse it, then dry as normal?

Also, does the Polar Seal work as well on it's own? I already have BH snowfoam and Meguiars Gold Class for shampoo, would prefer to just use those up if I can.

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw the Car Throttle video about that Polar Seal stuff, but I kind of dismissed it - it was obviously a paid promotion, so I wasn't expecting much criticism anyway, but I figured that any product that easy to apply probably wouldn't be very durable. Is it really that good then?

The durability is the only thing I personally
can't comment on yet but everything else is spot on. It does say to avoid the windscreen but it's fine on everything else.

Man of Honour

I am only up to a week so far, but even with the road dirt on my car (which often disrupts some water repelling sealants) it is still working well. I won't top it up this week and will see how long it lasts. The best thing is that it works on all of the glass (minus the windscreen), plastics etc. too - areas I often wouldn't put anything on.

Funny video though - proceeds to put polar seal all over the windscreen, dries with a shammee, then seems to put HD cleanser on a panel, then some kind of wax on another. What is going on :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I am only up to a week so far, but even with the road dirt on my car (which often disrupts some water repelling sealants) it is still working well. I won't top it up this week and will see how long it lasts. The best thing is that it works on all of the glass (minus the windscreen), plastics etc. too - areas I often wouldn't put anything on.

In the video, he put a wet towel to remove the Polar Seal. Do you throw this away afterwards? As SiO2 is silicon and when its dried, it is like sand so I'd imagine it would be like putting sandpaper on the paintwork if you use it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom