Do you still use bookmarks?

Soldato
For personal use I have a couple of dozen book marks on the bookmarks bar and then for work I have many many bookmarks in different categories linking to various vendor documentation pages and knowledgebase articles

Soldato
yip have a good 15 portals and log in pages for work all tucked away as bookmarks as i have to log into them at least daily

Soldato
No. I normally have say... 8 - 20 tabs open permanently of things I am currently doing / do every day.

For the stuff I don't do everyday, I honestly think its quicker to just open a new tab and then google it than to navigate the bookmarks.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Only on my work machine, purely because there’s loads of corporate pages and I can’t remember how I found half of them or where I’d need to go to find them again, without struggling :p

Soldato
Yes but only for things like recipes and the odd reference page that isn’t worthy of being one of my 20 ish always open chrome tabs

Caporegime
I used to have about 100 before the days of auto complete.
Now I have about 10.
Things like ocukforum, my bank, YouTube, Spotify, BBC, bookface and eBay.
Things I'll click just from habit or boredom.
I also hate having more than ten tabs open, even tho I just upgraded to 32gb of ram :p

Associate
These days my bookmarks bar is normally used for dragging web pages between computers seeing as it gets synced across browsers. There's maybe a dozen or so icons on it that I use everyday.

Soldato
Just checked in Chrome how many bookmarks I have within nested folders etc on my bar, 1562.
Guess that also could reflect that I do tend to horde, just a little :D

Associate
On desktop, yes, though mostly as a bar.
On mobile not so much, thanks to the way Chrome has hidden them in preference to Google's suggestions. (Which at first I hated, but have come around to them)

Soldato
I have about a dozen bookmark folders and maybe a hundred bookmarks inside them on Safari (iOS). Mostly French legal, French motoring, garden equipment and pool maintenance pages.

I use Safari’s Reading List function for stuff I only need to read once and delete.

Associate
Only at work, as there are a bunch of work related sites that I will never remember.
At home though, I only visit a few websites, so I don't need to bookmark them.

Back
Top Bottom