** COOLERMASTER Q500L - IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE! **

Associate
Is there actually a release date for this? Very interested but also concerned that I'd have the to change CPU cooler at additional cost. For such a wide case I was surprised to find that the max CPU cooler height is only 160mm. I understand some of that width is for cable routing behind the motherboard, but my current Define R2 is slightly thinner and does fit my Xigmatek Prime CPU cooler... just. Reckon I can squeeze the extra 5mm out of it? The Define R2 has a recommended 165mm max cooler height.

The case has actually already released, Stock is due in 2 weeks hopefully, assuming the sea is gentle :)
The cooler height is at most we can do, I will check to see if 165mm is doable but honestly very unlikely. Let me get back to you on that one

Associate
Looks good and something I would be interested in. Especially the NR400 although still no USB-C port on the front panels?

Thanks! Glad you like it.
NR400 is also a good looking chassis but indeed there are no USB-C Ports on that one. Right now, Type C ports are reserved for some of the higher end chassis. Hopefully in the future we can bring these down the range too

Soldato
Thanks! Glad you like it.
NR400 is also a good looking chassis but indeed there are no USB-C Ports on that one. Right now, Type C ports are reserved for some of the higher end chassis. Hopefully in the future we can bring these down the range too

Can you advise what models do have usb type c ports please?

Soldato
Sure, going from the top of the spec (Bear in mind they are all USB 3.1 Type C)
SL600M
H500M
MC500Mt
MC500M

Thats all i can name off the top of my head and that we have launched in UK.

Ok, thank you for taking the time to do that.
I shall have a look at the suggestions.

Soldato
The cooler height is at most we can do, I will check to see if 165mm is doable but honestly very unlikely. Let me get back to you on that one

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. It's a great looking case and much smaller than others I've looked at, but if I'm looking at £55 for the case and £30 min for a new cooler, the overall cost opens up the market and I could consider a few more options. I haven't upgraded the actual components in years so don't wish to spend more than I have to.

Associate
OP
An Update for you all.
I have stock landing tomorrow of the Q500L.

giphy.gif

Soldato
Oh pants... Would this be sent out tomorrow/Friday if pre-ordered? And do you have enough stock to cover the pre-orders? I've got this weekend off so would be great to get on with this! I don't want to have to wait if they're already all gone.

Associate
OP
Oh pants... Would this be sent out tomorrow/Friday if pre-ordered? And do you have enough stock to cover the pre-orders? I've got this weekend off so would be great to get on with this! I don't want to have to wait if they're already all gone.

@Pulse Stock will be with us tomorrow I have been assured by supplier. Whether the warehouse team can get it booked in is another matter as they have been rather busy of late. I will speak with them tomorrow and see if I can get the delivery booked in ASAP.
If booked in tomorrow before Lunch, Pre-Orders Should begin shipping Tomorrow evening / Friday. I currently have enough stock to cover the Pre-Orders and some spare as of the time of typing (at home eating my dinner I might add) :D See the lengths we go to here at OcUK for our loyal customers :p

Associate
Thanks! :) Some of the new launches such as NR400 and NR600 will indeed be TG side panels. As the Q500L is the budget option, we couldn't realistically bring this option to the Q series. Maybe in the future though? :)

I hope we're going to get the non optical drive variants in Europe ^^ (NR400/NR600)

Associate
I hope we're going to get the non optical drive variants in Europe ^^ (NR400/NR600)

Can't speak for the rest of Europe as it is dependant per country. It isssss possible for UK to bring them in but at the moment we have only scheduled in for the ODD variants.
We can look to bring a small batch of either one in but it will be around 2-3 months from now if we do.

Soldato
Did anyone purchase one of these and willing to share some pictures of builds? I honestly thought this would be quite a popular case being so small, at that price point and still being able to fit a full ATX board. It's a shame that the CPU cooler height is still putting me off. Did you get a chance to look into that Ron_CM?

Associate
Did anyone purchase one of these and willing to share some pictures of builds? I honestly thought this would be quite a popular case being so small, at that price point and still being able to fit a full ATX board. It's a shame that the CPU cooler height is still putting me off. Did you get a chance to look into that Ron_CM?

Yes I did, we tried it out and; Q500L will fit a 165mm but there will be no gap between the cooler and the acrylic side panel.
This doesnt usually cause any problems but its just something to bear in mind :)

EDIT: Also some photos of our builds, that we use for stock photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KUeKWTVQDcXLizdr8

Soldato
Yes I did, we tried it out and; Q500L will fit a 165mm but there will be no gap between the cooler and the acrylic side panel.
This doesnt usually cause any problems but its just something to bear in mind :)

EDIT: Also some photos of our builds, that we use for stock photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KUeKWTVQDcXLizdr8
Thanks, that's great to know. This will definitely be a purchase in the next couple of weeks then! Bought too much other nonsense recently.

And thanks for the video links, pretty sure I've watched all of them already and the last one was the one making me have a doubt about purchasing. They specifically compare it to the Meshify which was my other option.

Associate
Any word on the magnetic dust filters yet. I really need to get an extra one as I have the case in the desktop orientation shame it didn't ship with three. Did I hear mention there may be more options?

Thanks for any info

Associate
Any word on the magnetic dust filters yet. I really need to get an extra one as I have the case in the desktop orientation shame it didn't ship with three. Did I hear mention there may be more options?

Thanks for any info

@Ron_CM Are you guys are doing Additional Magnetic Dust Filters for the Q500L?

Send me an email and i'll try get some shipped out for ya :)
@OcUK - PREDATOR - reckon you can gather the details and drop me a mail?

Back
Top Bottom