• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, AMD are masters at it.

So true. I've never had a AMD CPU, but that always been because there seems to be some hitch or snag with each release. I'm really hoping that changes with the launch of the Ryzen 3000 series and they give me a reason to change.

Soldato
date first proposed is never the date the cpus actually launch. always been the same. so pedantic are many here. check history of cpu launches. they never are when they first say and are often a couple of months of later.

So you are saying that Zen2 CPU's have already been announced, and that was a paper launch, with a second model launch in July, and then the release in September?

Caporegime
My finance agreements for my original AM4 build is now about paid off. My Vega 64's got another 3 months left.
So I'm fully ready to go all in on a Navi and Zen 2 build.

Just need it to be bloody available :p

Caporegime
Someone with an IQ of 243 doesn't confuse things.

i think you are over exaggerating . the basics of this are they say we launching it may 20th we all know it wont launch then. its always a few months after. this has happened since cpus went on sale. so summer will probably not be june but more like august or september.

Soldato
its always a few months after. this has happened since cpus went on sale. so summer will probably not be june but more like august or september.

Already asked for an answer, you choose to ignore the question. Ryzen 1700/X/1800X announced 22nd Feb' and were on sale 2nd March, 2000 series was a similar affair, no where near even one month, are you blind or just being ignorant?

Soldato
i think you are over exaggerating . the basics of this are they say we launching it may 20th we all know it wont launch then. its always a few months after. this has happened since cpus went on sale. so summer will probably not be june but more like august or september.

Ryzen 7 2700X: April 13, 2018 (announced), April 19, 2018 (launched).
Ryzen 5 2600X: April 13, 2018 (announced), April 19, 2018 (launched).
Ryzen 3 2300X: September 10, 2018 (announced), September 10, 2018 (launched).

:confused:

Associate
Oh ok, it's interesting that you've actually seen a regression in IPC in your testing.
Did everyone use the same ram? speed, timings, amount? and the same or similar boards? Turbo boost off for intel? Cores disabled on ryzen and higher core count intel parts?
I could probably link the CPUz results sheet. There were tests with and without HT (iRacing on quad cores hates HT as it interrupts the main physics/render core) as well as Ryzen with and without SMT, though SMT off had zero influence on the results. That was more likely due to high enough core counts anyway. Coffee Lake at 4GHz was the highest with 472 but Skylake had 468 and Kaby had 459. A noticeable difference. Ryzen 1xxx was at 462 and Ryzen 2 was more all over the place but avg'd 457. I think Ryzen 2 was more wild due to XFR being much more in use than Ryzen 1. However there's literally 2% covering all the CPU's there. Same results with Cinebench and other reasonable single thread workload's. 7zip obviously not used as compression/decompression is very different on the different CPU's. Something of note though was the decryption (heavily affects load times for iRacing) characteristics favours Ryzen. Coffee Lake beats Ryzen normally due to frequency, but when 4GHz normalized Ryzen beats Coffee Lake. Was a little taken aback by that.

Soldato
date first proposed is never the date the cpus actually launch. always been the same. so pedantic are many here. check history of cpu launches. they never are when they first say and are often a couple of months of later.

I rather have people be pedantic than overly vague IMHO. If you, that is a global 'you' btw, are not specific enough a lot of what you want to portray gets lots in the translation between you and to whom you are communicating.

Soldato
Already asked for an answer, you choose to ignore the question. Ryzen 1700/X/1800X announced 22nd Feb' and were on sale 2nd March, 2000 series was a similar affair, no where near even one month, are you blind or just being ignorant?

We all know he's just being ignorant.
It's the same endless, mindless, utter tripe.
I should resist clicking the "see ignored content" there's not been a shred of sense from him for ages.

Associate

I'd say it'll release near the end of July, maybe mid August at the latest. Claiming a September release is bordering on trolling. But it looks like it will release later than expected, like Navi. Disappointing to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom