Electric shavers? Advice please.

Soldato
I can't recommend the one blade enough
... so you spend £10 a month for a new blade ?

I can never make my mind up so I just take both my shavers in the bathroom and swap between them as I shave
you need a reserve in case the battery has run down .. my pan Lion doesn't charge and shave, ... unlike the usb hub

This is my Panasonic es8161. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Pan is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Pan is useless. Without my Pan, I am useless would be a hipster

Last edited:
Soldato
you need a reserve in case the battery has run down .. my pan Lion doesn't charge and shave, ... unlike the usb hub
They both live on there clean and charge stands
It's got to be one of the dear ones though.
If you bought a dearer Braun the difference between that and the one you've got should be immense.
I have a very bad habit of always going for the dearest stuff ;):o

Soldato
for panasonics , as soon as you have the high rpm 10-13K linear motor (which Braun caught up on in last few years), you have the best of their tech,
the highest series then just adds multiple blades (5 is it vs 3), but unless you have a planar face I still don't see how you manipulate that.

no response for running cost of oneblade !

Soldato
for panasonics , as soon as you have the high rpm 10-13K linear motor (which Braun caught up on in last few years), you have the best of their tech,
the highest series then just adds multiple blades (5 is it vs 3), but unless you have a planar face I still don't see how you manipulate that.

It's been a couple of months for me and I've yet to replace it. Still works fine. If I want a close shave every day I use a razor. Otherwise, for trimming down every few days the oneblade works perfectly.

Soldato
Totally gone off the Oneblade idea on second thoughts :o Any love for Remington beard trimmers? Seems to be a lot of chat about shavers here, rather than beard trimmers...

Soldato

What are the lower cost models of Braun and Panasonic that feature this motor then? I haven't really seen the motors mentioned in any of the specs on amazon.

Soldato
Recently bought the Braun series 9 with cleaning station does my head great but gives an awful neck rash so think it will be going back as not a cheap gadget

Soldato
Recently bought the Braun series 9 with cleaning station does my head great but gives an awful neck rash so think it will be going back as not a cheap gadget
Are you using ore shaving oil?
Shavers rash I found can be from to much pressure, and I think it takes a skin a few weeks to get used to it.

Soldato
... you can put a dab of shaver oil on the shaver 'shears' and inside the the foil every use, too ... applied with a Qtip

Soldato
if I needed justification not to swap - even the braun website commissioned DE comparison show Pan clv95 is same as a braun9 for daily shaving,

https://uk.braun.com/en-gb/male-grooming/series-9-study-results
Study 2
Comparison of the Braun Series 9 and Panasonic Lamdash 5 upgrade (ES-CLV9A) in a consumer use test (test no.: M165004)
Test objective:
Comparison of shaving performance and gentleness on skin between Braun Series 9 and Panasonic Lamdash 5 upgrade in a consumer use test.The test focused on measuring shaving time and the test subjects’ personal perception about shaving performance attributes and gentleness on skin.

Test description:
Location:ipi Institute für Produkt-Markt-Forschung in Stuttgart
Time frame: March 2, 2016 to April 8, 2016
Test subjects:
100 clean-shaven men between the ages of 18 and 65, who shave at least three to four times a week and who are willing to pay €150 for a shaver.All participants use a shaver with an linear oscillating system at home.The test was carried out on a three-day beard and a 24-hour beard.
Test design:
The test shave was conducted at the test institute under the supervision of a test manager.By shaving in split-face mode, the Series 9 was used for one half of the face and the other half with the Panasonic Lamdash 5 upgrade (ES-CLV9A).The following day, the shavers were reversed and each was used on the other half of the face.The shaving time per half of the face was measured by the test manager.After shaving, the test subjects rated the following shave attributes for both halves of the face with the aid of an electronic questionnaire: thoroughness, speed (efficiency), removal of residual hair, and gentleness on skin before and after shaving.
Results:
In shaving attributes such as speed (efficiency), thoroughness and adaptation to problem areas as well as the measured shaving time, Braun Series 9 was rated significantly :)95% confidence level) better on three-day beards than the Panasonic Lamdash 5 upgrade.Both shavers were rated equally for the attributes thoroughness and speed (efficiency) on a 24-hour beard.Gentleness on skin as well as the removal of residual hair in problem areas for both beard lengths were rated equally for both shavers.

or german pdf
http://www.google.com/search?q=Institute+für+Produkt-Markt-Forschung+in+Stuttgart+M165023&hl=en-GB
they don't define 'significantly' either.

Back
Top Bottom