• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Rma Issue

Associate
OP
So its the same no matter the fps or resolution?

Well, it's less if i use nvidia inspector to cap it to 60 FPS, however i have a 4k panel, tested it with 1440p, 1080p and was still bad, just not as bad as leaving it uncapped. I won't even talk about overclocking the card as then it goes into the realm of insanity. It's like i said.. i wouldn't mind this at 250+ fps but 60-140 fps is kinda absurd. :)

Associate
OP
They apparently could not hear any coil whine after 2 hours of Heaven benchmark in which i used to produce said videos. I have tested with 3 different PSUS, which included a Coolmaster V700 (OEM Seasonic)

I have asked them for their testing methology and awaiting a response now. ^.^

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh, "that" company again.

Don't people know not to buy from them?

Such a Scam of a company, and I know this from personal experience.

i got burned on a dfi lanparty mobo that bellowed smoke as i was surfing the web
they returned the board in the mail saying the can't help like wtf!
not bought anything from them since, never will tbh!

good luck OP

Soldato
Well, it's less if i use nvidia inspector to cap it to 60 FPS, however i have a 4k panel, tested it with 1440p, 1080p and was still bad, just not as bad as leaving it uncapped. I won't even talk about overclocking the card as then it goes into the realm of insanity. It's like i said.. i wouldn't mind this at 250+ fps but 60-140 fps is kinda absurd. :)

Usually 4k 60 is pretty quiet. I find 100+ and they get especially noisy. Even more annoying than 1000fps I find.

Msi usually from my experience are pretty quiet though.

For reference it’s one of the reasons I put my pc under my desk and noise insulated the entire case. I’ve had several 1080Ti’s same experience, my 2080Ti is pretty noisy but not too bad. Multiple PSU’s and boards. No change.

Associate
OP
Usually 4k 60 is pretty quiet. I find 100+ and they get especially noisy. Even more annoying than 1000fps I find.

Msi usually from my experience are pretty quiet though.

For reference it’s one of the reasons I put my pc under my desk and noise insulated the entire case. I’ve had several 1080Ti’s same experience, my 2080Ti is pretty noisy but not too bad. Multiple PSU’s and boards. No change.

Yeah, that's the thing. I even get quite bad coil whine at 60 FPS at 4k even with capping it as i have done!. They somewhat assured me they tested it for 2 hours without no coil whine at all. I find that had to believe as no Return staff is gonna sit there for 2 hours listening out for coil whine while there are other things he has to be doing/testing and assume it being somewhat of a noisy room.

Anyway, i await their answer tomorrow and i don't fancy picking up a 4th PSU to test even further.. <.<

The thing that bothers me is if i want to sell it somewhat into the future aka Navi or Nvidia's next gen... that it's not fair to the person that buys it having to deal with that.

Associate
OP
Well, i have been updated. They have apparently tested it with Heaven benchmark at 4k @ 60hz and 1440p @ 60hz at extreme preset with full screen and heard nothing but if my memory serves me correctly. I believe at 4k/1440p a 1070ti does not hit 60 fps or higher.

Man of Honour
What make and model psu's have you tried? Ideally they should test with the same psu's that you use but I guess they use a top end high power unit to cover all aspects of testing. I don't think you will get any joy with them anyway as they are a terrible retailer to deal with and I stopped using them years ago after a dead motherboard RMA went very wrong (I had a top end MSI board and they sent me a basic very used and filthy board as a replacement) and took me many phone calls/emails and stress to get my money back from the conning ********!!

Associate
OP
I have tried Coolmaster V700 (Season internals) thermaltake DPS 600w and some Corsair unit i cannot for the life of me remember now. When i asked of their testing methods so forth. They were vague at best.. i had to keep asking what was their test bench was and what settings and what res and so forth. They got back to me again just saying 4k and eventually 1440p.

They used a Be quiet 600w.. didn't give me the exact model/name.. but assured me they could hear nothing, only the fans spinning up. The ironic thing is i purchased the V700 from them as well.. which at the time cost £120, so not some cheapo PSU at all.

I mean the possbility of it being the PSU, after trying 3 would seem i am extremely unlucky or i am being messed around with.. ^_^

Associate
OP
well.. your youtube video title doesn't help :)
"Coil whine when oced"

Hmm, perhaps not but the first two videos covered stock clocks and they might as well hear hell to when it's OCed and as for buying from them a second time. The first time was 4 years ago and one would assume as a business you would evolve and learn from said mistakes as a company plus having high ratings on Trust pilot unlike before but point taken. ^_-

Man of Honour
I have tried Coolmaster V700 (Season internals) thermaltake DPS 600w and some Corsair unit i cannot for the life of me remember now. When i asked of their testing methods so forth. They were vague at best.. i had to keep asking what was their test bench was and what settings and what res and so forth. They got back to me again just saying 4k and eventually 1440p.

They used a Be quiet 600w.. didn't give me the exact model/name.. but assured me they could hear nothing, only the fans spinning up. The ironic thing is i purchased the V700 from them as well.. which at the time cost £120, so not some cheapo PSU at all.

I mean the possbility of it being the PSU, after trying 3 would seem i am extremely unlucky or i am being messed around with.. ^_^

Yes they are more than likely messing with you. They drag things out in the hope that you will give up and go away as no doubt many people do. They tried it with me with the motherboard but I am extremely stubborn and will not back down and in the end forced them to back down and got my money back. They had the cheek to give me a free delivery credit for my next order as compensation. Strangely enough I never did use it, I wonder why?

Soldato
Yes they are more than likely messing with you. They drag things out in the hope that you will give up and go away as no doubt many people do. They tried it with me with the motherboard but I am extremely stubborn and will not back down and in the end forced them to back down and got my money back. They had the cheek to give me a free delivery credit for my next order as compensation. Strangely enough I never did use it, I wonder why?
Also not to forget the rumour that's going around about how people RMA their graphic cards and only to receive replacement cards that are used/returns, while the company send off customers faulty cards to manufacturers and get brand new replacement and they in turn put on shelves to sell as new...

Also when they are unable to replace the card that is still under warranty, they would only offer partial refund that's only a faction of the original amount that the customers paid for, calling that "minus value for the length of time that the card has been used" BS.

Soldato
Request the replacement in its box
If they can’t provide a sealed unit then it’s second hand and refuse

I’ve heard of some pc stores even taking second hand cards, getting them professionally sealed so they look new then selling them as new - but that’s a whole other can of fish

Soldato
My first point of 'attack' would be that they already agreed that you should send it back after you supplied then with the video. (I hope you have the name of the person who said that you could return it)

Secondly, they need to test it with the same model PSU that you originally purchased from them and I'd also request a video of them testing it with no coil while; the same as you sent to them.

Associate
OP
My first point of 'attack' would be that they already agreed that you should send it back after you supplied then with the video. (I hope you have the name of the person who said that you could return it)

Secondly, they need to test it with the same model PSU that you originally purchased from them and I'd also request a video of them testing it with no coil while; the same as you sent to them.

I have asked them about this as of yesterday... They made out they went the extra mile to test it again at 1440p extreme preset (Full screen) and suggested... it was something else causing the whine in my system!. It's funny now i put my old MSI 390 in there. The coil whine has completely gone!, a miracle!

Soldato
I have asked them about this as of yesterday... They made out they went the extra mile to test it again at 1440p extreme preset (Full screen) and suggested... it was something else causing the whine in my system!. It's funny now i put my old MSI 390 in there. The coil whine has completely gone!, a miracle!
Typical! :rolleyes: Send them another video of the exact same system with only the GPU change and see what nonsense they come up with next.

Associate
OP
Typical! :rolleyes: Send them another video of the exact same system with only the GPU change and see what nonsense they come up with next.

Okay, so got a response. They originally told me they tested it in 4k @ 60hz on heaven benchmark at extreme preset... then when i contested that. They said they tested it at 1440p, extreme preset and now i am being told they have also tested it at 1080p and Witcher/BF4(Ultra). The latter of which was never mentioned or told till now which is all rather strange.

As for testing with my PSU something in regards to not wanting to break the seal on new stock to use for testing, and so forth. <.<

Back
Top Bottom