******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
The new gpu bound particle and lighting system is interesting hopefully that gives a boost to performance. Still waiting on them to get meaningful gameplay loops in *sigh*

Soldato
OP
Many years employing several hundred staff, software licensing, hardware etc. Have none of you ever run or been involved in a business? The costs are enormous for staffing alone.

Associate
Yup CR is a crazy man. I just can't believe people chat about how they want this ship or that discuss how they are going to afford it. Astounding.

Man of Honour
Many years employing several hundred staff, software licensing, hardware etc. Have none of you ever run or been involved in a business? The costs are enormous for staffing alone.

Nope, I've never run a business, I wouldnt be surprised if most people havent tbh, very few of the population workforce are employers, far more are employees.

Quite surprised that like 85% of the money had gone by 2017 though, but maybe thats entirely normal and nothing to cause concern and it merely highlights my naivety of businesses.

I hold out hope that SC releases eventually and lives up to expectations. If it does it could be truly next gen. However, I equally wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt release. My confidence levels of it seeing light of day as a full blown title is 50/50 at the moment.

Soldato
uh yeah. they've raised $288million, staff wages were $30million. seems to me they could comfortably double the team, for a couple years at least.
says the S42 is still only going to be Beta in 2020, if that's not indication that the project is ****ed, I don't know what is. it's slowly going to become obvious to people - or, at the very least, they'll become a lot warier - and the funding from ships will slow to a non-sustainable level, at which point SC is dead. closest we're probably going to come is a Netflix film of the story of SC and how it went from mega Kickstarter to mega cluster****. judging from that article and the stories of Sandy and other events, CR's life story is just screaming out for it.

Back
Top Bottom