** Official Days Gone Thread **

Associate
Heard some very encouraging things on this thread from those that have put a shift in with it. Looking forward to it!

Soldato
Personally, I feel it's a 30 quid game, certainly not 50 - but that's just my opinion. But I'm only 4-5 hours in, so that opinion will hopefully change - as I am a huge fan of this sort of genre.

Edit: they should sort out the fuel economy too - if my Triumph did that MPG in real life, I'd bin it and go back to driving a car :D

Associate
Personally, I feel it's a 30 quid game, certainly not 50 - but that's just my opinion. But I'm only 4-5 hours in, so that opinion will hopefully change - as I am a huge fan of this sort of genre.

Edit: they should sort out the fuel economy too - if my Triumph did that MPG in real life, I'd bin it and go back to driving a car :D

Upgrades later sort fuel out with bigger tanks.

Soldato
Do people really care about fuel?
I mean... sure, it takes 10 seconds of your time to fill 'er up, but the game is littered with petrol stations and regenerating fuel cans.
Who here is actually running out and having to walk for miles?
The way some people talked about this (before I picked it up) I was under the impression that fuel was scarce.

I'm honestly not humble bragging :D

Soldato
I mean... sure, it takes 10 seconds of your time to fill 'er up, but the game is littered with petrol stations and regenerating fuel cans.
The way some people talked about this (before I picked it up) I was under the impression that fuel was scarce.

This is what makes me think why bother having the mechanic in there at all? And even more to the point, fuel isn't even considered in a set story mission. Breaks their own rules in a way

Soldato

I do :D It's a zombie (sorry! freaker) apocalypse simulator, not a bike maintenance one :D :p

Soldato
Just tried to continue my game and my last 2 days worth of saves are missing even from my online storage. Not sure I can be bothered to do it all again have put in a fair bit the last 2 days :(

Associate
Game just arrived through the post. 18.5gb patch to install. Don’t have any expectations for this so will be really interesting to see what I make of it. Expecting an initial honeymoon period from the Gfx and hdr but hopefully will be longer-lasting.

Edit*- good solid start. Few visual
Things that could be better to make the immersion greater (shocked they didn’t pick them up tbh) but I’ve a feeling I’m going to enjoy exploring this world. Story seems decent so far and the voice acting is good. Gunplay isn’t too bad and the hdr is good; huge improvement over the SDR (when disable HDR). Played about 4 hours and didn’t want to put it down which is always a good sign.

Last edited:
Soldato
I also picked it up today and I'm really enjoying it. Sure the nests are a bit annoying but I don't mind the gunplay or mechanics are it just plays like an open world "the last of us" but with a motorbike and fuel/maintenance mechanic to it. I've not sat down and put 5 hours into a game in a long time so thats a very positive thing from my POV.

Soldato

Funny you say this, I had ran out just once in many hours of play, but last night I couldn't find a single damn fuel can anywhere, not in trucks, garages, outhouses, checkpoints... Had to run miles :p I wonder if they have patched fuel to be more scarce...

Soldato
Game just arrived through the post. 18.5gb patch to install. Don’t have any expectations for this so will be really interesting to see what I make of it. Expecting an initial honeymoon period from the Gfx and hdr but hopefully will be longer-lasting.

Edit*- good solid start. Few visual
Things that could be better to make the immersion greater (shocked they didn’t pick them up tbh) but I’ve a feeling I’m going to enjoy exploring this world. Story seems decent so far and the voice acting is good. Gunplay isn’t too bad and the hdr is good; huge improvement over the SDR (when disable HDR). Played about 4 hours and didn’t want to put it down which is always a good sign.

I also picked it up today and I'm really enjoying it. Sure the nests are a bit annoying but I don't mind the gunplay or mechanics are it just plays like an open world "the last of us" but with a motorbike and fuel/maintenance mechanic to it. I've not sat down and put 5 hours into a game in a long time so thats a very positive thing from my POV.
Glad you're both enjoying it :)

Soldato
Played a bit more last night - still not gelled with it :(

Couple of annoying things I noticed last night - my goodness does your character waffle away to himself! It actually becomes quite annoying at times, and breaks the immersion a tad - when I'm hiding in a bush in a camp, and he's prattling on after dropping someone - when someone else is stood right beside me! It was also quite humorous too, as I was sneaking around stabbing the enemies, my character was banging on about how *they* were murderers :D

Another one was stumbling on a hoard hiding in some railway carriages - and despite killing a fair few, several times, the number of them simply did not reduce - I suspect that you have to dispatch a hoard in one sitting, rather than legging it in circles picking them off and running them over.

Associate
Played a bit more last night - still not gelled with it :(

Couple of annoying things I noticed last night - my goodness does your character waffle away to himself! It actually becomes quite annoying at times, and breaks the immersion a tad - when I'm hiding in a bush in a camp, and he's prattling on after dropping someone - when someone else is stood right beside me! It was also quite humorous too, as I was sneaking around stabbing the enemies, my character was banging on about how *they* were murderers :D

Another one was stumbling on a hoard hiding in some railway carriages - and despite killing a fair few, several times, the number of them simply did not reduce - I suspect that you have to dispatch a hoard in one sitting, rather than legging it in circles picking them off and running them over.

From memory I got 250 ears from that train horde, but if you sneak up to it no way is 250 freakers already in the train. I think once they start pouring out more spawn in the train as they are jumping out. I am guessing you broke that by going away and coming back while they all spawned in maybe.

Because you can certainly run away and come back to finish the ones walking back to spawn point.

I only have 4 hordes left now, gutted the game is coming to an end tbh. Oh well Rage 2 soon.

Soldato
From memory I got 250 ears from that train horde, but if you sneak up to it no way is 250 freakers already in the train. I think once they start pouring out more spawn in the train as they are jumping out. I am guessing you broke that by going away and coming back while they all spawned in maybe.

Because you can certainly run away and come back to finish the ones walking back to spawn point.

I only have 4 hordes left now, gutted the game is coming to an end tbh. Oh well Rage 2 soon.

250 :o That'll explain it then - three molotovs and a few rounds from my guns, must have put about 2% of a dent into that figure :D

Soldato
Phew.... just took out my first horde. (I've played for about 30 hours, but I've been avoiding them like the plague)

Ok, it was only a baby horde, about 50 freakers, but I still felt good :D

Associate
Looking forward to getting stuck into this again! Have to say I was very impressed with the musical score last night.

*Edit - fired it up and played for about 5 mins got to a question mark and got a new bike then game completely glitches and save got corrupted as bike wouldn’t work at all. Clearly some major bugs still lurking*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom