HP Reverb

Soldato
There will always be a place for seated games, particularly 2D, as its far more relaxing.

I think the standing/more interactive games are definitely a future mainstream alternative.

I played Skyrim today (modded) and actually thought "I can't wait to play this properly in VR".

Soldato
Yeah, interested to see how asguard’s wrath turns out... biggest turn off for me from Skyrim was how poor the combat is. With a bow it was great, close quarters not so much.

Soldato
There will always be a place for seated games, particularly 2D, as its far more relaxing.

I think the standing/more interactive games are definitely a future mainstream alternative.

I do VR sitting down, I would hate to set it up for room scale everytime I wanted to use my headset

Soldato
It's so exciting with all these new headsets coming out. I have no idea which to go for yet so looking forward to the reviews.

I cannot make up my mind if I should upgrade my dk2 this year or wait till next year, as the dk2 is pretty rubbish due to the xbox controller that your forced to use.

Soldato
They did say they were targeting industry, rather than commercial use.

I would imagine the marketing budget is rather scarce. Their first device was mostly promoted with their other hardware.

Soldato
I cannot make up my mind if I should upgrade my dk2 this year or wait till next year, as the dk2 is pretty rubbish due to the xbox controller that your forced to use.
given how slowly vr-headset development goes, upgrade this year.

its between rift 2 vs reverb vs valve index vs pimax

i don't think anyones going to release ANOTHER headset in the next 12-24 months other than very very marginal incremental upgrades. both valve and oculus will then be concentrating on the software side of things. Only the third party WMR headsets will probably keep churning out headsets.. in which case they'll probably offer the same average tracking

Associate
Hi, I've had a rift since October 2016 and would like to upgrade, my main interest is racing sims but I do currently have a fairly large oculus library. Is the reverb likely to work with oculus games? The rift s doesn't really seem like an upgrade, the quest would have been perfect if it could be used with the pc

Soldato
Hi, I've had a rift since October 2016 and would like to upgrade, my main interest is racing sims but I do currently have a fairly large oculus library. Is the reverb likely to work with oculus games? The rift s doesn't really seem like an upgrade, the quest would have been perfect if it could be used with the pc

The clarity of the Rift S is significantly improved over the original Rift due to the LCD with its RGB stripe layout. I've got an Oculus go and the screen is way sharper than the Rift, so I think it'll be much better for racing sims (Though maybe not as good for Elite due to the greyer blacks).

The Reverb will be much higher resolution, but the reports I've read say the sweet spot is very small, so only the centre is sharp.

If you get a Reverb there is a program called ReVive which allows you to play Oculus games via Steam VR, but it's not guaranteed to work and the performance is never as good as running on native hardware, but it is an option. Also the WMR controllers are terrible compared to Oculus Touch, so roomscale games might not work as well.

Associate
Ok I've watched some more videos and decided to go for the rift s, I think it will be a good enough upgrade until the prices come down on the higher end hmds

Back
Top Bottom