Touchaqua Sedna O11D for LIAN LI Progress

Associate
If anyone is interested in this i thought id share my progress. It's my second time water cooling (first one was soft tube).

I remember now why i went back to AIO, custom loops can be a pain in the ass! but rewarding.

Anyway, just done the CPU so far (x299 aoros master / 7940x). Few thing i still need to tweak as im still not happy with the tube bends. I think if i got a bitspower CPU block instead of EK one it probably would have aligned better.

What i will say is i love how easy it is to drain, nice and clean. I had to do it twice already as my blew up my motherboard failed...

qYgRmeC.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Looks good. Just dumped my O11d in favor of the PC-D888WX. I toyed with the Sedna and even the barrow offering but wanted it in the front. With my 60mm rad up top there wasn't any clearance for either distribution board and I wanted the side for airflow.

Get that GPU under water ;)

Associate
OP
Yeah i need to fit another radiator in the bottom for the 2080ti waterblock. Do you think a 360 rad could drive CPU and GPU? somehow i doubt it. Im trying to use the spare watercooling bits i have, 240 rad, 280 rad. I seem to be collecting them...

Associate
so I have a 9700k @ 5ghz and a 2080 RTX both on water. I had a EK360 XE 60mm in the top as exhaust and an EK 360 PE 40mm in the bottom also exhaust. I used the side fans as intake and I never got over 74c on the CPU and 55c on the GPU. I wasn't happy with that so I added a 3rd rad in the side panel and changed the fans as exhaust but it didn't really help, plus then I had no cold air feed. I was going to try just fans in the bottom as intake and top/side exhaust with rads but I got a bit fed up with it in the end. It's an amazing case but I think it's better suited to AIOs and people who don't obsess about temps.

This is how mine currently stands:

IMG_1173.jpg

Associate
OP
I don't really obsess with temps, why do you think i have my 2080ti still on air. haha, i think it looks pweety!

tested CPU for couple hours, max i seen on games in 42, and prime 95 stress test for about an hour and max was 64 with fans on silent..

Then again, im not sure how hot the 7940x runs compared to 9900k.. i know 9900 is.. toasty..

Associate
OP
Quick update! Caved in and got a GPU block for the 2080ti. Pretty pleased it's gone from 80deg to 40!

Trying to use my spare parts. Was going to have both GPU and CPU on a 360 rad but had a spare 240 SE.

Idle both CPU and GPU about 25 - 29

Big learning curve with lots of mistakes and oversights but getting there!

6q0ivZwl.jpg

Ironically I'm not a big fan of RGB but I like how I can turn it off if needs be
GegG3Oi.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Looking good. Idle temps don’t mean much, would be interested to see load temps. What radiators are you using?

Associate
OP
Sorry. Was playing overwatch couple hours and got max of 45 on GPU and 40 on CPU

Cinabench 100 load on CPU load gave me a max of 53 on CPU.

I'll do more in the next few weeks. Will do a prime 95 test next.

Oh and the radiators are two spare ones I had from my previous build. EK 360 PE and a EK 240 SE

Top Fans are thermaltake ring 12 trio. Bottoms fans are the vadar ones (will change these next)

Associate
OP
All stock at the moment. I will OC my GPU soon.

Just ran prime 95 for a quick15 mins. CPU went up and down 58/59. To give you an idea my kraken x62 AIO was hitting 75.

If you want me to try anything particular let me know.

Associate
Thanks! Would definitely like to see what the temps are with an overclock. My 9900k is at 5Ghz and my 2080 has a hefty clock on it and only with 3 rads all exhausting (with the front panel off) do I get good temps :)

Back
Top Bottom