Imperator: Rome (Paradox's Next Grand Strategy Title)

Soldato
AI formed Pritania! nice :D

I'll be heading that way soon as I'm not particularly sure how I will cope in a full land war with Carthage so avoiding it right now, should maul them but being cautious. My standing army is around 250k, could almost certainly add another 80-100k and still make more than 50g a turn which I would do if I am to tangle with Carthage.

Last edited:
Permabanned
How have you handled all your captured pops? I have nearly 70 slaves in Rome but I'm not moving them all it's too costly, so I have the constant starving notification.

You would crush Carthage with all that manpower.

Soldato
How have you handled all your captured pops? I have nearly 70 slaves in Rome but I'm not moving them all it's too costly, so I have the constant starving notification.

You would crush Carthage with all that manpower.

I must admit I struggle with population in Rome as well, I cap out around 70/72 slaves before I have to use Civic power to share them among that region. No idea how @HungryHippos got 800 in one place, do you use slaves in other provinces in Latvium to stack up more food production?

Only reason I can sustain 70 is by using all my Roma trade routes on more food :(

Soldato
Has there been some sort of update overnight?

Logged off last night, came back in on my Rome game and my government type has completely changed? :confused:

All my advisers have disapeared, my ruler is now called _ruler and it is messed up :p

Be annoyed if it is a bug as the game was going great :(

Soldato
Has there been some sort of update overnight?

Logged off last night, came back in on my Rome game and my government type has completely changed? :confused:

All my advisers have disapeared, my ruler is now called _ruler and it is messed up :p

Be annoyed if it is a bug as the game was going great :(

I think 1.0.1 patch may have been released.

Soldato
I think 1.0.1 patch may have been released.

If that was a patch put me down in the vexed column for its impact as it has quite simply destroyed my Rome save, no more consul, some sort of random ruler with pretenders to throne and I can no longer get some basic government functionality.

Pfft.

Please note that this patch won't be compatible with 1.0 Ironman saves. We apologize for the inconvenience caused, but it was not possible to do the necessary fixes and remain save game compatible.

From the forums, marvellous. 40 hours on a save and it is down the drain, I'm actually rather ****** off as I was doing so well and feel like I've wasted my time now.

Soldato
If that was a patch put me down in the vexed column for its impact as it has quite simply destroyed my Rome save, no more consul, some sort of random ruler with pretenders to throne and I can no longer get some basic government functionality.

Pfft.

You can roll back to previous patches to continue saves.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...hecksum-4a73-not-for-problem-reports.1173453/

Please note that this patch won't be compatible with 1.0 Ironman saves. We apologize for the inconvenience caused, but it was not possible to do the necessary fixes and remain save game compatible. The previous version will still be available in the Betas tab for those who want to finish an ongoing Ironman game before updating. Non Ironman games should still be fine however!
(Right click Imperator: Rome in Steam -> properties -> BETA -> pick 1.0 in the dropdown list)

Soldato

Pfft.

From the forums, marvellous. 40 hours on a save and it is down the drain, I'm actually rather ****** off as I was doing so well and feel like I've wasted my time now.

Yes I was going to say just roll the game back until you finish the save.

Soldato
I just don't understand the POP system. Am I supposed to aim for an even spread across all of them in a city? Should I aim for more citizens and less slaves? I just don't know.

Soldato
I just don't understand the POP system. Am I supposed to aim for an even spread across all of them in a city? Should I aim for more citizens and less slaves? I just don't know.

Focus citizens for more research.

Freemen for manpower.

Slaves for cash and more goods produced (each X slaves in a city add another +1 to the resource the city produces).

Tribesmen are a cross between Freemen and Slaves, do a bit of both, but ultimately better to switch them to one or the other eventually.

Happy pops output more, so wrong culture/religion aren't very useful or productive to you, and the more pops you have in general the slower your research will be.

Pops in your capital province output more.

Pops in your capital city output even more.

Soldato

Make sure you've got at least 1 slave pop in every city, because 1 slave pop produces as much 15 pops, and you don't get 2 units of production until you hit 16 slave pops. Pops really isn't a very good or engaging ssyem, like a lot of the game it seems like a palceholder for later gamer development. It sounds like they stopped working on features a while ago and made suire they had a build that worked, which it does. It's just bare-bones.

Soldato
I focus on Citizens and Slaves as manpower tends to deal with itself through other modifiers.

To make absurd money I just find hitting the right amount of slaves to produce 2 of goods in a province works wonders as you then get a load of trade deals and they generate between 0.8-1.3g p/m, times that by 10 or so and the money just rolls in.

Associate
I think I may have reached a bit of a dead end on my Albania campaign... or at least an extremely long period where I can't make any progress.
I ignored the loyalty of my generals for a little bit too long and now I can't move their armies and they don't want to fight for me in wars, so I either have to sit at peace for a stupidly long time while I restore their loyalties or go into huge debt by raising a new army.

Going to give the country a couple of years to recover in the current game before I scrap it and restart... I'm determined to continue playing as a Migratory Tribe in that region with the goal to form Persia though.

Man of Honour
I've no idea whats changed in this patch, but I've restarted since the patch and I cant even defeat my nearest neighbour anymore. Have restarted almost a dozen times now and every single time I lose the fight with him, doesnt matter what I do, I lose the fight every time. Even my stack of fresh 22k against his stack of 14k lost. Before the patch I beat this neighbour within the first 12 months of play without a problem.

Soldato
I've no idea whats changed in this patch, but I've restarted since the patch and I cant even defeat my nearest neighbour anymore. Have restarted almost a dozen times now and every single time I lose the fight with him, doesnt matter what I do, I lose the fight every time. Even my stack of fresh 22k against his stack of 14k lost. Before the patch I beat this neighbour within the first 12 months of play without a problem.

I've found that the army tactics seem to matter a little but more now, the default army tactic had me working around 34% to optimal, a different tactic had me at 68% or so and much better position to win.

I tried starting a game as Egypt and it is a nightmare in terms of fighting wars in desert, moving across the desert I lost around 15k troops through fatigue.

Man of Honour
I like the look of this, but I'm so glad I held firm and didn't buy. There are so many complaints, both on Steam and their forum. I imagine in a year or two it will be where it should be. EUIV on the other hand is very good, and will keep me entertained for a while yet.. But how long has that taken to get where it is now...

Back
Top Bottom