Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Maribou State last week, really good, Holly Walker's a great presence on stage.

Might try and see Vök in Cologne next week if work isn't too mental, love their new album.

Associate
Very much like them. This will be my 3rd time seeing them after first having discovered them via Chris Hawkins on 6 Music. My first time seeing them live was also Bristol, but at Thekla, a converted former cargo ship, late 2017.

Have been to Victorious the last 3 years running and ironically missed their set when they performed there, which I think was 2017.

Saw Slow Readers Club at Bedford Esquires this evening. My first time at the venue and I was impressed, apart from the sticky floor! Support band Bridges were decent enough for me to drop a fiver for their
EP. Slow Readers Club themselves were fantastic, and really got the crowd going. Highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance.

Associate
I saw In Flames at the Roundhouse last night. Great show, pretty good energy from both the band and the crowd. They were supported by Light The Torch and Norma Jean which I didn't take particular much from.

Associate
Idlewild last night at Cambridge Junction. Was a little concerned as their new album is a little 'meh' but they absolutely smashed it; one new song followed by 2/3 old ones for almost the entirety of their set. I got the impression that it was a bit of a tough crowd, as a lot of people were statuesque, arms folded at the start, but as it went on they warmed up... Plenty of classics, and even the new stuff sounded better (heavier!) live.

Soldato
Got my tickets for Machine Heads 25th anniversary of Burn My Eyes album at Manchester.

Haven't moshed for 3 straight hours since I was a kid so I need to get in stamina training ASAP :D

Soldato
Can't wait for June. How were Bokassa and Ghost? In a way I'm more excited to see those as I've seen Metallica quite a few times before.

We missed Bokassa because despite arriving very early the queue in Lisbon was crazy long.

This was my first installment of Ghost and I liked them a lot, I prefer their music to Bokassa.

Metallica on the other hand played their hearts out in Lisbon. Can't wait to see them again all again in Twickenham.

Associate
I got myself tickets to see Heilung in November, Gojira in June and Russian Circles in August, going to be another good year gigging (already got 3 tickets to Devin Townsend this winter) and next paycheck will be getting me tickets to see Periphery in November, mainly due to one of the supporting acts (Astronoid) that to my knowledge will be playing in Europe for the first time ever.

Soldato
Off to Slam Dunk Festival on the bank holiday weekend. Can't say i'm hugely excited about it. I didn't mind most of these bands when i was around 13 but that was 20 years ago!

Hoping that the weather will be good and it'll just be a good laugh with mates although with the odd song i actually know!

Back
Top Bottom