Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Caporegime
I'm probably in a minority that I thought Affleck is one of the best on-screen Batmans we've ever had as well *hides*

He just embodied the comic Batman i've read over the years.

Anyway, we're diverging massively here.
Agreed. And Cavill was a great Superman too. Apparently Cavill wanted megabucks and WB told him where to go. RDJ didn't make megabucks for a couple of films but once he was Ironman they couldn't cast anyone else. Cavill should have stayed.

Associate
I'm probably in a minority that I thought Affleck is one of the best on-screen Batmans we've ever had as well *hides*

Nope, you're not a lone there.

Anyway, we're diverging massively here.

Will get back on topic real quick for a moment.

Personally, I like the idea I put up for Galactus as the next threat. Since it allows for Captain Marvel to leave the MCU with Galactus as a Herald and face issues and threats that match her abilities. Something that you can't really do on Earth.

Agreed. And Cavill was a great Superman too. Apparently Cavill wanted megabucks and WB told him where to go. RDJ didn't make megabucks for a couple of films but once he was Ironman they couldn't cast anyone else. Cavill should have stayed.

Yeah, like Cavill too. As for what exact reason is going on behind the scense, I'm unsure, but hopefully with the top brass being changed of late, that will soon bring him back for the role. Recasting your main attractions doesn't do the film universe any good.

And back on topic again.... :)

Additional ideas would be for the X-Men Rogue to finally get her powers by siphoning off what Captain Marvel has. Giving Rogue her abilities of flight, strength, etc, whilst depowering Captain Marvel enough, or even removing her if they find they can't get enough players to like her. Because whether likers or haters agree or not, because her movie WAS sandwiched in between two Crossover movies and sold as important to those movies (when it wasn't really), it's hard to guage the true reaction from audience to her character. The next one will really tell us how the audience feels about her, and what the MCU should do with her in the films ahead.

Soldato
Just watched Endgame. Opinion?

Well worth seeing if you're a fan of the marvel cinematic universe like me. Plot was far fetched but made sense somehow. The writing was very clever. Surprised that they managed to squeeze so much into 3 hours. I think Avatar will be knocked of the top spot by the end of May.

Good to see a lot of cameo appearances from other MCU films.

I didnt see where Cap confessed about Bucky killing Tonys Parents.

Good bits;

Korg & his mate from Thor Ragnarok

Professor Hulk

Ronin Hawkeye

Captain America worthy of molinjir and stormbreaker

Captain America finally getting that dance

Thanos and his cronies getting a taste of their own medicine near the end

Sad bits;

Ronin hawkeye family disappearing at the start of the film

End of black widow

End of Tony iron Man

Disappointed about;

Not enough Korg

Not enough Captain Marvel

Too much ant man and nebula

Look forward to the disk release sometime in September.

Soldato
GOTG reply: It was in the protective container.
Quill was also half celestial, basically more powerful than any of them. I think the power stone is one of the only ones that cannot be handled by just anyone, for example Peter (half celestial) struggles to hold it, Thanos was clearly in pain when he pulled it off the gauntlet to smack Captain Getwoke also.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really ? She's Jane Foster
Thor does a whole monologue explaining his relationship with her
do people not actually pay attention to what they're watching ?
I know right, I wonder if people even watch the films at all, honestly one of the silliest questions i've seen asked considering how much Thor talks about her in this film.

Soldato
I'm not a comic fan either, but have heard of more of the DC characters than the Marvel ones, whoever is running the DC stuff should just give up the day job and get someone else in, Nolan did the Batman trilogy well (Change in fight team aside) but other than that the TV guys seem to be doing well, they should probably get the "Arrowverse" guys to run the whole show given how well they have done (Ignoring Legends of Tomorrow) on the TV...

Associate
Quill was also half celestial, basically more powerful than any of them. I think the power stone is one of the only ones that cannot be handled by just anyone, for example Peter (half celestial) struggles to hold it, Thanos was clearly in pain when he pulled it off the gauntlet to smack Captain Getwoke also.

Captain Getwoke hah. I like that.

She turned out to be such a bland character. Completely missing for a good part of the film. Glad she got outsmarted and smacked down by Thanos after her little moment.

Soldato
Just got back from watching Endgame with the missus and kids, didnt think they would sit it through it being 6 and 9 but they did. They thought it was really good, missus gave it 3.5 out of 5 she only liked it when it got going. I was expecting a near perfect movie and on the whole I got it but then I started thinking......

How come Tony could not get any power to the spaceship at the beginning when in his chest is an arc reactor than can power a city ???? You telling me he couldnt connect it upto the ship ?

Poor Natasha Black Widow, Tony gets a funeral and what does BW get ?? A small token comment from Hawkeye (Ronin) and Scarlett Witch. I was a bit outraged when I saw the wreath on the water for Tony I thought the camera was panning to the left to show one for Natasha but naw, nothing !!!

There were other things but by the end of the movie I was enjoying it and just phased out the plotholes.

Captain Marvel highly underused very disappointed.
Bucky not given the Shield at the end ? Eh ????

Caporegime
Just saw it.
I was expecting 5/5 but I give it a 4/5. Really "good" endings for a lot of characters and a massive amounts of tie ins/ups. It's a real trawl through everything marvel.

Associate
A lot of interesting comments from my question, nice to see how everyone got into Marvel/DC through different media.
For me I've heard of a lot of the characters through the 90s TV show and then playing games like Marvel superheroes vs Street fighter which then turn into Marvel vs Capcom.
As for DC I actually liked Justice League, Wonder Woman and Aquaman movie its a good starting point and I hope they can keep up with the momentum, Shazam seem to have done well aswell.

Caporegime
That nanotech needed power though via a nano arc reactor no ?

Especially to power the nano repulsor floaty death beams ?
And in the final fight with Thanos in IW you can see his nanobots running out as his armour starts coming away from his leg during the fight to protect his upper body.

Caporegime
Saw this yesterday and enjoyed it mostly apart from:

Fat, emotional and broken Thor was rather annoying. Totally destroyed his character if you ask me. It was funny for a bit but that was it.

There does appear to be some rather big plot holes though:

- How does Captain America stay in the past for that long and live out the quiet life? if he did that (ie stayed in the other timeline till he was 70 ish and then hopped back), there would be two Captain America's in that timeline for all that time....

- They still have the infinity stones which from what we are led to believe can basically do whatever the person who wields them desires, so why on earth cant they bring Tony back to life :confused:?

- They still have time travel and from what we see with Gomora, why cant they go back and get Natalie from the timeline they created of her and Hawk getting the soul stone and bring her back ( ie just before she gets pushed off the cliff)

Back
Top Bottom