Is it ok to be proud to be white?

Caporegime
Brits from 9000 years ago:

_106461763_mediaitem106461762.jpg

This guy looks awesome, super cereal.

Associate
Wasn't cheddar man totally debunked. Even new scientist says they had no idea what his skin colour was, they basically put it in to upset some people.

Associate
Hmm, New Scientist says

one of the geneticists who performed the research says the conclusion is less certain, and according to others we are not even close to knowing the skin colour of any ancient human.

The original report stated

For skin tone, there are a handful of genetic variants linked to reduced pigmentation, including some that are very widespread in European populations today. However, Cheddar Man had “ancestral” versions of all these genes, strongly suggesting he would have had “dark to black” skin tone, but combined with blue eyes.

Make of that what you will. Knowing and making an educated guess are two entirely different things.

the scientists will tell you the word of god, don't question it.

Questioning things is the foundation of science

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I’m baffled that racist rhetoric on the previous page is still up, it’s more damaging than someone just using a racist word

Soldato
I’m baffled that racist rhetoric on the previous page is still up, it’s more damaging than someone just using a racist word

Nothing he said was derogatory or discriminatory, can you please stop bleating racism and asking for things to be deleted and instead just use your words to counter posts you don't like

Caporegime
That's odd because it's been deleted due to "racist views"

The mod policy is to delete anything someone finds offensive. Hence why they have blocked the use of a term that is widely accepted as being politically and socially correct. I wouldn't read too much in to posts that they remove as they're trying to stop people being upset.

Some people are very easily upset.

Soldato
No its not OK, its politically incorrect, anyone in power is badgered about this incorrectness, be it corporations or website mods.. They should also realise they're fuelling the far right, pushing peoples views underground, removing free speech. The future doesn't look too good.

Associate
Why would you be proud of the level of melanin in your skin and the resulting skin pigmentation?

I mean you'd have to rate quite low on Maslow's Heirachy of Needs to need to devive esteem needs and you must have achieved very little in life in order to feel the need to garner esteem from this. Do you think Bill Gates is proud to be white? Or do you think he is more proud to be the most successful Entrepreneur in the 20th Century? It's only people that are feeling inadequate that feel the need to devive satisfaction from a tribal alliance.

Associate
Nothing he said was derogatory or discriminatory, can you please stop bleating racism and asking for things to be deleted and instead just use your words to counter posts you don't like

Thank you, as point in fact, I am not racist at all, and have many Muslim friends but history is a testament to achievement, that is all I was referring to.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's odd because it's been deleted due to "racist views"

There wasn't a single word in there that was racist, I don't particularly share the sentiment of his post but he wasn't rude or derogatory in any way about any race or group of people in that post.

If the post was racist, then why haven't they banned the poster also?

Last edited:
Caporegime
There wasn't a single word in there that was racist, I don't particularly share the sentiment of his post but he wasn't rude or derogatory in any way about any race or group of people in that post.

If the post was racist, then why haven't they banned the poster also?

You still don’t get the definition of ‘implied’, do you?

The forum has every right to remove it, and not ban the person as it’s ambiguous enough.

Soldato
You still don’t get the definition of ‘implied’, do you?

The forum has every right to remove it, and not ban the person as it’s ambiguous enough.

No one has said the word implied except you just now. I don't believe talking about the virtues of Western civilisation, which has predominantly consisted of white people, is implied racism. Clearly the topic of the thread has been answered though, and it's definitely not okay to be proud to be white as that's now "implied racism".

Caporegime
Why would you be proud of the level of melanin in your skin and the resulting skin pigmentation?

I've always wondered the same maybe we should ask all of the black pride groups?

It should be more about pride in Christian/western civilisation which has given us the modern world but I think celebrating those things today would be classed as some combination of far right Islamophobia, the left want white westerners to be guilt ridden globalists who hate everything their countries stand for and Christianity is treated with contempt even though it's been largely a force for good/human progress especially when compared to other religions.

Back
Top Bottom