no POST boot loop help

Associate
Rig:
Asrock B450M Pro gaming 4
Ryzen 3 2200g
HyperX 8gb 3200mhz X2
Sapphire RX 570
Samsung 860 evo nand 250gb ssd sata/WD blue nand 500gb ssd M.2

So I had my new rig up and running for a couple of weeks, decided to upgrade my hdd (secondary drive) to ssd so got a WD blue 500gb m2 slot.
When I first installed the ssd, system wouldn't recognise it, i realised it was because i put it in the ultra m2 slot which wasn't the right 1. So put it in the right slot and that's when it all started. It wont post and doing a boot loop after 30 secs.

So went through the list of usual tests, boot with no drive, 1 stick of ram, cleared cmos and removed battery and still nothing.

As I wasnt able to test each component, I have gone round pretty much replacing each of them. So far I have replaced the ram, mobo and even now upgraded cpu to a ryzen 5 1600x. It's still doing the same thing. I don't think its gpu as I put my old gpu into the rig and it does the same loop. Could it be the psu?
Can anyone advise anything?

Soldato
with the new items you ordered have you installed all the old drives again? try taking them out and see what the pc does on power up, looking online and the ultra m.2 is a newer standard compared to m.2 the ultra allows the drive to run at pcie 4x compared to 2x for m.2 so that shouldn't have casue a issue in the fist place, its very odd as the issue has cropped up again with new parts.
have you tried setting the ram back to 2133mhz just to test, because you've got a new mobo and a new chip chances are the cpu or mobo dosnt like your ram at 3200mhz, when you do this have all drives disconnected and see what happens.
if the pc boots and you get into the bios at 2133mhz ram speed turn off and attach your boot drive with windows on and repeat, see if the pc will load windows, if so turn off and attach the new m.2 you bought and see what happens.
at this point if the pc is good with both drives attached and the ram at 2133mhz works slowly increasing the ram speed until you get errors, as soon as you do back the ram off and call it a day, you may be unlucky and have to run your ram at a lower speed for stability

Back
Top Bottom