women drivers

Soldato
I pulled up in a parking bay at Matalan and in opposite bay but one to left was a woman in a 2 door BMW saloon - Looked new but had private plate - The wipers were going on intermittent - she got out watched wipers then walked away aiming fob at car and was gone - I sat there wondering if BMW wipers worked when locked up so got out and walked over and engine was still running - Shall I go in Matalan and get them to call her over the tannoy -- naaaa -tough if it's gone. - I left before she came back - I assume it was keyless.

Soldato
Did t it honk the horn when she locked the doors?

Mine does and with a start/stop button and keyless start it’s quite easy to do. I have on more than one occasion got out without switching the engine off, the horn honked when I attempted to lock it and thought DOH!

Associate
I recently bought a keyless start car and have to admit, I have actually returned to my car on a couple of occasions to find it still running. Still getting used to turning it off without removing a key.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
I didn't do anything, I just sat there watching her walk away. I thought BMW drivers would know you have to turn engine off :eek:.

My 10 yr old Focus is keyless and I have never left it running. - I was actually tempted to see if doors would open and drive it to other side of car park but it was raining and just couldn't be assed. :)

Permabanned
If you were a gentleman you would have guarded her car until she returned and then politely and patiently explained how to turn the engine off.

Man of Honour
I wonder what a Venn diagram plotting people who use the phrase 'women drivers' and people with poor driving standards themselves would look like :D

Soldato
OP
If you were a gentleman you would have guarded her car until she returned and then politely and patiently explained how to turn the engine off.

Guard a BMW ? -- You cannot be serious :eek:

I did sit in the cab of my van once watching a woman with a Vauxhall trying to find reverse - After 20 min I did get out and asked if she wanted help. You have to pull that little knob on gear stick up. She was so grateful - This was well before mobile phone days so she couldn't ring for help.

Soldato
I have tried to lock my keys in the boot of my car numerous times after pulling the boot open first with the keys in a jacket pocket so I have a degree of sympathy with her plight

Soldato
I didn't do anything, I just sat there watching her walk away. I thought BMW drivers would know you have to turn engine off :eek:.

My 10 yr old Focus is keyless and I have never left it running. - I was actually tempted to see if doors would open and drive it to other side of car park but it was raining and just couldn't be assed. :)

I think the problem for me is it’s quite difficult to tell that the engine is running, yes I could look at the rev counter but when fumbling around to exit I sometimes do forget. Should emphasis that this isn’t a regular thing but have done this I think twice to date, both occasions when I’ve arrived and parked up at the works car park.

Back
Top Bottom