• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Could you imagine if it was launched with GTA6!

It would be complete chaos.

I'd definitely buy it at launch if that happened...

The whole reason I bought a PS2 and indeed PS3 was because of GTA

(also like Bully and Read Dead Redemption)

I've not bothered with a PS4 (yet) and might just hold out for the PS5 then get the PS4 version of RDR2.

I might give some non-Rockstar games a shot, like I've still not played the last of us... not sure whether to just get the PS3 version of that.

Soldato
I think I'll be console mainly when new gen comes out. I got another PC on a whim but, and I don't know if it's to do with me getting odler but I just kinda prefer the unified consle interface. Rather than having 5 or so launchers now on PC.

Soldato
I think I'll be console mainly when new gen comes out. I got another PC on a whim but, and I don't know if it's to do with me getting odler but I just kinda prefer the unified consle interface. Rather than having 5 or so launchers now on PC.

What's the difference tbh? You can do a tile-based desktop setup where you just click/select the icon and the game launches, just like on PS4. Or Steam Big Picture.

Associate

Literally my thoughts - i might of said this earlier actually i can't remember must be getting old. But that bugs me having to open Origin or steam or something else just to browse the games i have really ticks me off.

Caporegime
I could probably google this, but I'm in the comments here now, so I'll ask.
Does anyone know why the fans on the PS4/Pro go ballistic when you enter menus?

I find the fans and noise is fine in games, but as soon as I pause or enter an inventory screen.... WHOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's mysterious.

That happens on games with unlocked frame rates on the menus/title screens IIRC

Soldato
What's the difference tbh? You can do a tile-based desktop setup where you just click/select the icon and the game launches, just like on PS4. Or Steam Big Picture.

Because my PC isn't solely for gaming so not sure there's a way to set it up how I'd like. There's other reasons like the almost weekly gpu driver updates, and all the other nuances that PC gaming bring.
Also a tile based setup doesn't change the fact I have to fanny around with steam, epic, origin, Uplay, battle net etc. Unless the games can be launched from their icon without going into the launcher in which case yeah it's similar but still prefer the PS layout.

Soldato
I'd definitely buy it at launch if that happened...

The whole reason I bought a PS2 and indeed PS3 was because of GTA

(also like Bully and Read Dead Redemption)

I've not bothered with a PS4 (yet) and might just hold out for the PS5 then get the PS4 version of RDR2.

I might give some non-Rockstar games a shot, like I've still not played the last of us... not sure whether to just get the PS3 version of that.

Get the PS4 version of TloU and play it on ps5.

The PS4 version is worth it just for the 60fps.

Caporegime
I think the SSD is going to make the biggest difference. As a Sony rep is quoted in the Official PlayStation Magazine - "An ultra-high-speed SSD is the key to our next generation. Our vision is to make loading screens a thing of the past, enabling creators to build new and unique gameplay experiences."

I can just about put up with 30fps, the graphics look great on PS4 but the load times are awful.

Soldato
You cant compare an SSD in the PS4 to an SSD in a PS5, correct me if im wrong but an SSD will only increase speeds as much as the interface will allow and its not going to be very fast on a PS4.
If the 5 has an M.2 or similar it will be much much faster.

Soldato
You cant compare an SSD in the PS4 to an SSD in a PS5, correct me if im wrong but an SSD will only increase speeds as much as the interface will allow and its not going to be very fast on a PS4.
If the 5 has an M.2 or similar it will be much much faster.

M.2 is just a slot type, it can be either NVME or SATA but chances are it'll be some sort of integrated SSD with a user-changeable hard-drive.

Quite interesting, just going up to a 7200rpm SSHD drive, imo significantly increases times.

I think SSHD is the way to go in these things, something that should have been put in it in the first place, upgraded hardware with Sata III, sticks with a 5400rpm drive like a normal ps4 lol

I had good results on my regular PS4 with a 1TB SSHD, but a newer 2TB in my Pro was awful which is why I went the SSD route (and used the OEM 1TB HDD as external storage for games I'm not regularly playing).

Soldato
M.2 is just a slot type, it can be either NVME or SATA but chances are it'll be some sort of integrated SSD with a user-changeable hard-drive.

I know it is, you can it a slot i call it an interface. I really hope they don't integrate the SSD would much rather hope they use an interface such as M.2 so we can change it out.

Soldato
Recent leaks suggest it's got a normal Harddrive also. So some sort of a hybrid loading system?

It's funny - I suggested this on a couple of forums and I was more or less laughed at. I was trying to make the point that if you're building a PS5 so it's affordable, putting in a 2TB SSD (and I think we all assume this is going to have 2TB of storage minimum) is going to take up quite a chunk of your budget. But of course as "SSD storage" had been mentioned, it was taken literally etc.

My initial thought were some kind of funky, in the background HDD to SSD transferring. So you've got a quite large HDD storage area, with a relatively small SSD and that data gets shifted around as required.
I won't pretend to know the technology behind that, but I was convinced it would be some kind of hybrid solution to keep within budget.

Back
Top Bottom