Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
There does appear to be some rather big plot holes though: **(with a repsonse)**

- How does Captain America stay in the past for that long and live out the quiet life? if he did that (ie stayed in the other timeline till he was 70 ish and then hopped back), there would be two Captain America's in that timeline for all that time....

***I thought this too but he wanted the quiet life so kept it that way and didnt intervene, why would he when he knew how it ended ?***

- They still have the infinity stones which from what we are led to believe can basically do whatever the person who wields them desires, so why on earth cant they bring Tony back to life :confused:?
***They had to return them to their original points ASAP to risk not undoing everything as the Ancient One said and they didnt want to risk someone else using them and dying***

- They still have time travel and from what we see with Gomora, why cant they go back and get Natalie from the timeline they created of her and Hawk getting the soul stone and bring her back ( ie just before she gets pushed off the cliff)

***They cant get Natasha because that was the bargain to get the Soul Stone and all seeing Death (Red Skull) would prevent it as he lives outside of time and hence can stop it. Gomorrah died so they cant bring her back due to the Soul Stone bargain and the past Gomorrah travelled to the future like the past Nebula, she wasnt brought back to life***

Soldato
- How does Captain America stay in the past for that long and live out the quiet life? if he did that (ie stayed in the other timeline till he was 70 ish and then hopped back), there would be two Captain America's in that timeline for all that time....

- They still have the infinity stones which from what we are led to believe can basically do whatever the person who wields them desires, so why on earth cant they bring Tony back to life :confused:?

- They still have time travel and from what we see with Gomora, why cant they go back and get Natalie from the timeline they created of her and Hawk getting the soul stone and bring her back ( ie just before she gets pushed off the cliff)

- I believe it creates an alternate timeline where Cap grows old and them comes back to the main timeline when Peggy dies. The Cap in their time was still frozen in the ice I presume.

- Not sure on that one. Maybe it just wasn't possible or they didn't want to abuse the powers of the stones.

- As before the people in the past are from an alternate timeline. They can't just take Nat from that timeline back to theirs, I doubt past Nat would want to go into the future no questions asked.

Soldato
Just seen it. Disappointed to be honest. Overly long, lazy writing and forced humour. Loved Infinity War and was expecting brilliance. This fell far short for me

Caporegime
I have a sneaking suspicion that black widow will get revived somehow. After all Gamora got brought into the future and is alive although minus 10 years of memory. You know she is alive because Quill is looking for her when Thor joins the crew. She was also sacrificed for the soul stone so why couldn't they do the same for Black Widow? Iron Man could easily have been saved with the stones as well. It was simply a case that RDJ was getting old and his time was up so needed and excuse to write him out. I bet his daughter will take over the mantle as Iron Woman or something.

Soldato
I have a sneaking suspicion that black widow will get revived somehow. After all Gamora got brought into the future and is alive although minus 10 years of memory. You know she is alive because Quill is looking for her when Thor joins the crew. She was also sacrificed for the soul stone so why couldn't they do the same for Black Widow? Iron Man could easily have been saved with the stones as well. It was simply a case that RDJ was getting old and his time was up so needed and excuse to write him out. I bet his daughter will take over the mantle as Iron Woman or something.
She can't be brought back from death and I don't think they're just using it as a fake out. The Gamora that we have now is happy to stay because she doesn't care about the life or reality she left behind, trying to convince a happy Black Widow from the past to come to the future is unlikely to happen.

Caporegime
She can't be brought back from death and I don't think they're just using it as a fake out. The Gamora that we have now is happy to stay because she doesn't care about the life or reality she left behind, trying to convince a happy Black Widow from the past to come to the future is unlikely to happen.
You would just explain the situation just before she went with Hawkeye to get the soul stone. She would come in a heartbeat. You could do the same with Tony Stark as well. Essentially Gamora has been brought back from the dead so everything else is possible. The avengers have access to time travel at the end of the film and with Michael Douglass back from a dusting they have unlimited Pym particles

Associate

I would assume it was permanent if there wasn't a black widow film coming out, it doesn't make sense to kick off a new phase with a orgin story about a dead character so maybe this will br a film a out finding a way to bring her back maybe disturbing a higher power while doing it setting up the big bad for the next phase

Caporegime
I would assume it was permanent if there wasn't a black widow film coming out, it doesn't make sense to kick off a new phase with a orgin story about a dead character so maybe this will br a film a out finding a way to bring her back maybe disturbing a higher power while doing it setting up the big bad for the next phase

Gamora has been brought back from the dead using time travel so Thanos has basically cheated the soul stone without knowing it. It is also that gaping huge plot hole that means everyone who has died with the exception of vision can be revived.

Soldato
Gamora has been brought back from the dead using time travel so Thanos has basically cheated the soul stone without knowing it. It is also that gaping huge plot hole that means everyone who has died with the exception of vision can be revived.

They aren't back from the dead though, they're just another version of that person from another timeline. Bringing back Widow would either mean screwing that timeline in their fight against Thanos/bringing them back from the snap or dragging Widow from another timeline for effectively no reason (she wouldn't be the same Widow after all) for what amounts to purely selfish reasons. Gamora worked because she didn't leave anyone she cared about behind and it gives her a new lease of life.

Associate

I don't see a there being a problem my self with an 'origin' story. I think exploring her history would be a nice way to say good bye to her character.

Soldato
I was dragged along to see it again with some friends who hadn't today...obviously didn't need to hold it in so went for a bathroom break. I will admit I was extremely tempted to do it when something big happened in the film :p

Was surprised that film flew by on a second watch but it definitely convinced me that Infinity War is better.

Soldato
Saw this yesterday and enjoyed it mostly.

Most of “all that time” he’s on ice. Then he’s much older and able to stay low key away from Avengers etc. Knowing how it pans out.

Soldato

Quill was looking but the computer didn't find her so currently it's unknown if she is back.

Back
Top Bottom