Are you the smartest person you know?

Caporegime
often people who think they are smart will reply with a wall of text. yet smart people will simplfy responses. as smart is simple. less = more.

Soldato
I once worked with a guy who claimed that he was the most intelligent person that he knew. I advised him to widen his circle of acquaintances.

Caporegime
At work I feel like im "pretty smart" cos I can count over ten when I run out of fingers and have a working knowledge of electrical systems such as the start and stop button on machines that most 50 year old Swedish woman haven't got to grips with.

I've accepted this role freely and am moderately happy/suicidal with my poor choices that have led me to a small town near the article circle in Northern Sweden.

I live very near to a level crossing and know the train timetable well.

Im just kidding, jeez :p

No but seriously, I am pretty smart and v. Sexy.

Associate
Nope not even close. I've got all the 3 letters needed for the industry but when you see some quants at it you'll realise you're not even close!

Which is cool as it seems to being another set of issues the further up that chain you go.

I would much rather be stunning to look at, now that's a door opener.

Man of Honour
Ive some extremely clever people in my family but sadly I’m not one of them. Deep knowledge on a couple of things, surface deep on loads of other things. When is comes to proper brains then not close to top of the tree. I hold my own due to a quick mind and eloquence :D

I tend to be first lots, but not always the winner.

Caporegime
Lots of smart people couldn't fix a puncture on a bmx.

My sister in law is one of these people. Got a masters in accounting yet needs a car with automatic lights because she keeps forgetting to turn them on.

Last weekend, and no, I'm not making this up, she rang us in a panic because the battery on her car was borked. I ran through some simple tests over the phone, like is the solenoid clicking, check the fuses, etc. Nothing, dead as a doornail. Not even a click which was a bit telling. Her neighbour came outside, took her car out of Drive, put it in Park, and fired it right up. It's amazing.

Soldato
Not by a long shot. When it comes to scientific stuff I'm above average, but I put in a lot of hours which has helped me get ahead.

I have quite low social intelligence. I try to read books to make me better at this but I'll probably always lag behind in this regard.

Man of Honour
What is smart anyway.... one of the 'smartest' people I know spends all his life working. Yey!

I would say that few people intellectually intimidate me but I know a couple of people who are just on another level. They are like aliens. I am but an ant!

Associate
Not even close, I've never finished any education in my life.

I met some of the most stupid people I have ever come across whilst I was at university, in later years some of the smartest people I have ever met have had very little in the way of traditional educational achievement.

As above, what is smart anyway?

Soldato
Im an intelligent chap, more intelligent than a lot of people anyway I would Hazard but most certainly not the most intelligent.

Work with a chap who is absurdly smart, something to do with engineering and it's scary and amazing listening to him describe his thought patterns to solving problems. That said, his hit list of idiocy includes locking himself in a work toilet for two hours, melted a bin at work at the work BBQ by putting the ashes in it, keeps turning up on weekends forgetting it's the weekend etc etc. Absurdly, scarily book smart but somewhere on the spectrum as he needs handheld through some pretty basic stuff my seven year old can manage :p

Associate
In my group of friends I'm probably the best at recalling facts and figures, maths etc. but I'm not the most articulate and my vocabulary isn't what it once was.

Professionally, definitely not - I'm lucky that I get to work with some very bright people.

Back
Top Bottom