Madeleine McCann cops ask Home Office for more money to continue search for missing child

Capodecina
Soldato
Most people would struggle to recall specifics, especially after a state of panic and being up for god knows how many hours looking for her after the disappearance, there's a well known phenomenon of what happens to peoples memory recall after traumatic events.
Indeed. This is a bit like an average person being asked to describe in detail what they were doing a year ago - **** knows, I wasn't focused on keeping notes at the time!

Associate
Most people would struggle to recall specifics, especially after a state of panic and being up for god knows how many hours looking for her after the disappearance, there's a well known phenomenon of what happens to peoples memory recall after traumatic events.
Yes that's a well known phenomenon.

But to pick up on your other point they didn't actually go out looking for her. At all. Like, not even running down the street calling her name. Kate went back to the restaurant telling everyone "they've taken her", while leaving behind her two year old twins in the unlocked apartment where, as far as she was concerned, her three year old had just been abducted from. Then everyone got together and made sure their timelines were consistent. Some phone calls made back to the UK, the result of which involved the UK media and government.

But no actual looking.

Man of Honour
Most people would struggle to recall specifics, especially after a state of panic and being up for god knows how many hours the disappearance, there's a well known phenomenon of what happens to peoples memory recall after traumatic events.

At least two decades ago the BBC did a programme on witnessing events with a studio audience.
What the audience didn't know was that before the programme started an incident was setup in the studio which involved a big man, smaller man and a woman.
The audience of 200 were asked to vote on their keypads of what happened between the 3, did the big man hit the woman, small man hit the woman and so on.
Only one person got the answer correct which was the woman hitting the big man but the majority went for the other way round.
I'll never forget that.

Associate
Apologies for my lack of punctuation I'm into the fifth week of a pounding headache and both my spelling and grammar suffer but that doesn't make me a loon for the series's of events i laid out hell it is far less extreme then some theories and perfectly plausible given what we know. The others checking on the kids mainly based their checks on if there was any noise coming from the apartment and as for raising the alarm in that position if i honestly thought my child had been abducted i dont run back to the tapas bar and leave my younger kids alone again. As she had seen the other two children were there doesn't it sound a bit weird to go running back saying "they've taken her" or words to that effect wouldn't it be more likely you'd shout "she's gone". Or was that establishing the abduction version of events straight away there is not nor has there ever been a single piece of evidence of an abductor entering the apartment and if as some are saying there were regular checks wouldn't somebody have noticed a man or woman hanging around waiting for their chance to abduct a child. This whole thing is dodgy with only one certain thing being that a young child suffered something no child should have to go through and is very likely now dead and no area of investigation should be ruled out in finding what happened.

Soldato
It was so long ago now I don't think any "new" witnesses are going to be remotely reliable.

Unless they find the one which did it this case isn't going anywhere now. You'd think that after all this time she would have re-appeared by now if still alive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What kind of person, nevermind even a parent, would leave children unguarded when there as just been a child abduction?

Unless Kate McCann has been diagnosed as having some kind of autism or aspergers condition, her reaction to the events doesn't make sense.
The same reason that I've seen industrial chemists get chemicals in their eye and instead of running to the nearest safety shower, they'll sprint to the changing rooms 2 minutes away... the body does weird things when confronted with panic.

Man of Honour
Legal advice 101 is 'Don't answer questions in the absence of your lawyer.' Doesn't matter how innocent you are, that's the rule of thumb. Every law firm will tell you this.

Indeed. Some of the hypothesising on this case is frankly ludicrous as is the sourcing of data to form opinions. Grasping at straws.

Caporegime
I'd be kind of suspicious about an efit appearing out of nowhere 12-13 years later that matches a known paedophile it sounds like a bit of a stich up to be fair, particularly as he was known as the 'masked man' because he wore masks. People will uncritically believe anything in the media though, a two year Russia collusion media conspiracy theory has shown us that.

Caporegime
I'd be kind of suspicious about an efit appearing out of nowhere 12-13 years later that matches a known paedophile it sounds like a bit of a stich up to be fair, particularly as he was known as the 'masked man' because he wore masks. People will uncritically believe anything in the media though, a two year Russia collusion media conspiracy theory has shown us that.

I’ve changed my mind, this is relevant because just like your friend in the White House, this guy they have is a criminal and a pedophile.

This does scream as a ‘pick and choose criminal, but relevant target’ by an increasingly PR dogged MET in an investigation the public turned against years ago, but there’s no need to bring up ‘lul duh trump’ for no reason.

Last edited:
Soldato

It’s taken 12-13 years of investigations and now they have somebody of interest it’s "out of nowhere" heh

There will have been numerous lines of enquiry and this is just another , the suspect has possibly been known to the police for a while and they’ve only just released the information to the public or something has only just come to light that could link the suspect to the case which has made him a bigger priority

what has anyone to gain by stitching somebody up for this case?

Caporegime
It’s taken 12-13 years of investigations and now they have somebody of interest it’s "out of nowhere" heh

There will have been numerous lines of enquiry and this is just another , the suspect has possibly been known to the police for a while and they’ve only just released the information to the public or something has only just come to light that could link the suspect to the case which has made him a bigger priority

what has anyone to gain by stitching somebody up for this case?

The MET has everything to gain.

Associate
'what do they get out of this additional funds they are asking for seems a bit of a stretch that this scumbag appears just as they are asking for more funding. Why does this case merit the resources and funding over other equal crimes committed far more recently why is there such a public double standard continuing with this case. Most people who get burgled get a crime number and no investigation because of lack of funding and resources but just as with hate crimes\speech there doesn't seem to be a lack of anything. The loss of a child is heartbreaking but other parents who have lost kids after this incident had to watch their investigation close while this one continues.

Soldato
'what do they get out of this additional funds they are asking for seems a bit of a stretch that this scumbag appears just as they are asking for more funding. Why does this case merit the resources and funding over other equal crimes committed far more recently why is there such a public double standard continuing with this case. Most people who get burgled get a crime number and no investigation because of lack of funding and resources but just as with hate crimes\speech there doesn't seem to be a lack of anything. The loss of a child is heartbreaking but other parents who have lost kids after this incident had to watch their investigation close while this one continues.

Why do you think this case is getting so much attention, as you said these cases and other serious crimes are probably happening all over yet this one gets extreme attention.

What's the root of it all?

Is this just a case of media wars jumping on an attractive story, young professional couple probably with some connections, they have a certain look about them, the papers know it will sell so they all jump on it and profit from it?

Or what's the hidden agenda here?

Back
Top Bottom