**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Watch the video a few posts back. Exactly the issues I have with my S10+. Phone is brilliant if it's used constantly but the standby drain is terrible.

Associate
Watch the video a few posts back. Exactly the issues I have with my S10+. Phone is brilliant if it's used constantly but the standby drain is terrible.
They patched the battery whereas it was 20% worse than SN in general - they just need to patch for standby drain and we are good to go!

Soldato
I've been loving mine, and it gets all sorts of usage. The battery drain really hasn't been an issue.

Me and my partner both have S10+ and get 2+ days out of them easily. Mine is mixed usage - light gaming, FB & Messenger, IG, web browsing, music in the gym and lots of YouTube. Hers is basically the same and she probably has a little less usage and more standby.

https://ibb.co/zQJmnw5

Couldn't easily link the picture directly or I'm being thick, but 1Day 15hrs since last charge, 5+hrs screen time and 14hrs remaining at 33% battery.

We're also both using the Always On Edge for notifications around the punch hole, love it! Not quite holey as asked above but both have this and works great, minimal battery usage.

Soldato
How?! Honestly it's 1 day top for me

Yeah certainly no more than 1 day. The main problem for me is that the signal is borderline at work and I guess the radio drains the battery trying to keep a lock. At home with full signal the standby drain is a lot less. As said though, the new update has improved it a lot. Used to be down to 15-20% by the time I got home, now it's closer to 40% so I can use it the rest of the evening without having to put it on charge just to make it til bed time.

Soldato
Yeah certainly no more than 1 day. The main problem for me is that the signal is borderline at work and I guess the radio drains the battery trying to keep a lock. At home with full signal the standby drain is a lot less. As said though, the new update has improved it a lot. Used to be down to 15-20% by the time I got home, now it's closer to 40% so I can use it the rest of the evening without having to put it on charge just to make it til bed time.

You just use the phone less as it's no longer a new toy tbh:p

I never get much longer than a day either.

Soldato
Nah I use it the same every day pretty much, it's not been a new toy for a good while now.
I'm glad the battery life is improved now because tbh one of the main reasons behind buying it was because the battery on my s7 was becoming irritatingly poor, and it turned out the s10 was even worse. At least now it's on par or slightly better.

Soldato

You've definitely seen the same as me since the update then. Last night I was at 15% before I went on charge after being out for a bit with notoriously bad reception at the football. I'm glad it's improved as it was only slightly better than the P3 in that regard which was extremely poor in that regard.

Soldato
I've got the Snapdragon model of the S10. I was hoping that with the larger battery and more power-efficient SOC, it'd do about the same as my OP6 for endurance. However, the battery life is unfortunately worse than the OP6 so far. I can get 6 hours SOT at a push on mostly wifi, but think 4 hours with mixed use (cell and wifi). Disappointing, but I guess I've only had it for five days, so things might improve.

Thinking of grabbing an S10+ since the battery is so much larger, but it'd probably be an Exynos model which is a shame. Wish I'd got the bigger one when I was in HK! :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom