Is it ok to be proud to be white?

Soldato
I often wonder the mindset of the prolific far left and right posters in these kinds of threads. Do you think you're going to change the minds of each other with all of these dull circular arguments? And 76 posts by a single poster in a thread of 600 posts, have a word with yourselves and how you spend your time.

This, i was reading this morning and wondering what everyones endgame is here. It all seems rather futile to me, much like what I see on twitter, endless posts about vegans/trans/some minority moaning about something futile.

Soldato
I often wonder the mindset of the prolific far left and right posters in these kinds of threads. Do you think you're going to change the minds of each other with all of these dull circular arguments? And 76 posts by a single poster in a thread of 600 posts, have a word with yourselves and how you spend your time.
thats not to mention the time they spend on FB, Insta and Twitter........ Everybody just loves to tell everyone how to act or think. Like you say, have a word with yourselves.

Soldato
This is the essence of it. The "It's Okay To Be White" and a lot of this debate is because abuse is coming from the same source: people feeling attacked for their skin colour. The mainstream media, Western academia and social networking platforms are a continual assault on people for being White. White privilege, White this, White that. A lot of people who happen to be White are now feeling what other groups have often felt and are having the same natural reaction: many are saying it's okay to be White, that they aren't ashamed of it and have pride in the achievements of White people generally. Just as any other group does. And a minority take it further into full on supremacy positions for whatever personal factors have made them do so.

The only way to deescalate these tensions is to stop this obsessive focus on race. Either by the media stopping it or people ignoring said media. Skin colour doesn't matter. Culture and values matter.

Are you trying to claim white privilege doesn’t exist? I’m white and I know it exists. I’ve travelled and worked all over the world and my skin colour has been an advantage. It’s also been an advantage in the U.K.

Soldato
His rhetoric on diminishing white-white breeding levels and it being a danger, how the whites invented xyz (with minescule help from the arabs as he kindly suggested) and conquered everyone. Also generally something is implied without one explicitly stating that is the intention :D

He clearly views white people as a superior race for all their 'achievements', not the 'virtues of Western Civilisation'. (Not sure what is virtuous about conquering either).

A lot don't think there is any proudness in being any colour of skin or features, no one earned it or did anything remarkable to achieve it.

I know you wanted him to have said white-white breeding levels, but he actually didn't say that, and what you've said is not what he said. He didn't even mention race.

Caporegime
I know you wanted him to have said white-white breeding levels, but he actually didn't say that, and what you've said is not what he said. He didn't even mention race.

Imply:

Indicate the truth or existence of (something) by suggestion rather than explicit reference.

to communicate an idea or feeling without saying it directly

to involve or indicate by inference, association, or necessary consequence rather than by direct statement

You cannot be ignorant of your own language so must be wilfully misleading. You won’t get this by people with obfuscation...m8.

Always looking for the semantic way out even when there isn’t one, as if to IMPLY the other arguer must be dumb for not noticing it... except there’s nothing to notice because only a fool would be hoodwinked by this illusion.

Too bad moderation didn’t agree with you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you trying to claim white privilege doesn’t exist? I’m white and I know it exists. I’ve travelled and worked all over the world and my skin colour has been an advantage. It’s also been an advantage in the U.K.

White privilege exists in majority white cultures (go figure huh?) But travel to Africa and tell me black privilege doesn't exist, or Japan and their toe curling attitude to Japanese superiority, or Arab states etc etc.

If you live in a culture where a particular race is prevalent then you will see it be in primacy, this is irrefutable around the world. Whether it is right or wrong is a different discussion but it does exist.

In the "west" and to be honest it isn't the west really, it is the UK/US and to lesser extents Canada and Australia (though strangely not really all that present in NZ for some reason) we feel we have to fix this without reciprocal efforts elsewhere to address the issue. Go to other western countries such as Germany, France, Switzerland, Scandics and they don't have the extreme self hatred but that is another whole discussion as to why.

Bias is wrong but it exists, sometimes overt and thus challengeable, mostly it is unconscious and nigh on impossible to challenge. Why impossible? Because the agenda from those seeking equality of treatment has shifted from seeking equality of treatment to imposing a disadvantage of those from the primary culture. At this point and it is extremely noticeable and traceable in just the press never mind doing any form of real research, what you get is a backlash and a form of protectionism. The primary culture does not need to "fightback" as actually it's primacy still exists but they feel challenged and as such they fight. The upshot of this is that basic equality and basic rights are being challenged (whereas ten years ago were almost universally accepted) by the majority of a defence mechanism to an over reaching attack from those facing them.

I'm all for all forms of equality of opportunity, equality in itself does not exist (biologically, mentally, physically, emotionally, morally etc) but that does not matter. The world benefits from different cultures, different viewpoints, it adds vibrancy and a unique viewpoint can break an impasse in a problem a particular society cannot in itself solve. We should still allow equality of opportunity but you cannot, and should not, try to enforce equality of outcome. As soon as you attempt to enforce equality of outcome, and the only way to do this is to deconstruct the primacy, you get fools like Stephen Yaxley Lennon and his ilk gaining support and backing by otherwise decent people who are terrified they will lose their opportunities through nothing other than their birth. The far reaches of the liberal agenda are trying to tackle inequality brought about by race, by attempting to artificially disadvantage those of a particular race that they choose not to like. You couldn't make it up.

TLDR, extreme liberals are fools and are creating their own opposition by being too aggressive. Consenus and compromise would be better approaches.

Soldato
You cannot be ignorant of your own language so must be wilfully misleading. You won’t get this by people with obfuscation...m8.

Always looking for the semantic way out even when there isn’t one, as if to IMPLY the other arguer must be dumb for not noticing it... except there’s nothing to notice because only a fool would be hoodwinked by this illusion.

Too bad moderation didn’t agree with you.

He literally mentioned Western civilisation, not white, just stop please.

Caporegime
He literally mentioned Western civilisation, not white, just stop please.

So? Euphemism, nuance, innuendo are all higher functions of the English language. You can continue to spout rigidity all you like. It’s not going to justify the **** that was written

A serious post would have reflected on the various reasons why our society succeeded where others failed, instead of self aggrandising prideful *****. Being white is utterly irrelevant, it’s simply a matter of where and when, and we got lucky with the decreasing discomfort of environmental pressure.

If that was the posters intent, then I guess it’d be fine. I simply don’t believe it was from what I read however, and am not surprised it was deleted.

Last edited:
Soldato
White privilege exists in majority white cultures (go figure huh?) But travel to Africa and tell me black privilege doesn't exist, or Japan and their toe curling attitude to Japanese superiority, or Arab states etc etc.

If you live in a culture where a particular race is prevalent then you will see it be in primacy, this is irrefutable around the world. Whether it is right or wrong is a different discussion but it does exist.

In the "west" and to be honest it isn't the west really, it is the UK/US and to lesser extents Canada and Australia (though strangely not really all that present in NZ for some reason) we feel we have to fix this without reciprocal efforts elsewhere to address the issue. Go to other western countries such as Germany, France, Switzerland, Scandics and they don't have the extreme self hatred but that is another whole discussion as to why.

Bias is wrong but it exists, sometimes overt and thus challengeable, mostly it is unconscious and nigh on impossible to challenge. Why impossible? Because the agenda from those seeking equality of treatment has shifted from seeking equality of treatment to imposing a disadvantage of those from the primary culture. At this point and it is extremely noticeable and traceable in just the press never mind doing any form of real research, what you get is a backlash and a form of protectionism. The primary culture does not need to "fightback" as actually it's primacy still exists but they feel challenged and as such they fight. The upshot of this is that basic equality and basic rights are being challenged (whereas ten years ago were almost universally accepted) by the majority of a defence mechanism to an over reaching attack from those facing them.

I'm all for all forms of equality of opportunity, equality in itself does not exist (biologically, mentally, physically, emotionally, morally etc) but that does not matter. The world benefits from different cultures, different viewpoints, it adds vibrancy and a unique viewpoint can break an impasse in a problem a particular society cannot in itself solve. We should still allow equality of opportunity but you cannot, and should not, try to enforce equality of outcome. As soon as you attempt to enforce equality of outcome, and the only way to do this is to deconstruct the primacy, you get fools like Stephen Yaxley Lennon and his ilk gaining support and backing by otherwise decent people who are terrified they will lose their opportunities through nothing other than their birth. The far reaches of the liberal agenda are trying to tackle inequality brought about by race, by attempting to artificially disadvantage those of a particular race that they choose not to like. You couldn't make it up.

TLDR, extreme liberals are fools and are creating their own opposition by being too aggressive. Consenus and compromise would be better approaches.

I lived and worked in Zambia and Malawi for over 2 years. I also travelled to Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Botswana around the same time and my skin colour was a major bonus. It got me meetings I'd never have got as a black British man doing the same thing there. I've also worked across North Africa, the Middle East and Asia and again my skin colour was a bonus.

Soldato
Lucky you. Tell that to the white South Africans & Zimbabweans, Arabs in Uganda or Kenya and saying there is no favouritism toward Arabs in Arab states? Please.

Your refutation of my point doesn't even make sense, you personally had some good experiences so bias and privilege to majorities, and unequal treatment of minorities, doesn't exist elsewhere. Hi there, I'm one of 7.5 billion who had a good gig (considering you were working out there probably a lot more to do with that than anything else) so please discount the rest of the evidence of the world, thanks.

Have a read up on confirmation bias before continuing the argument.

Soldato
The rise of supremacist views is directly correlated to the rise over the past 20 years of opposite factions of near Marxist ideology.
Social media takes the nonsense of both sides, magnifies and fabricates it by 100000x to make it look like either extreme opinion is actually important, rams it down your throat until you are sick of all it and would quite happily buy an "assault rifle" and go shoot a bunch of Nazis or Marxists or both of you got lucky.

I do blame social media.
It is the both the biggest curse and liberational blessing on humanity since monotheistic beliefs.

You can feed BS directly into someone's pocket 24/7 and warp and control them through censorship and manipulation of info. People lap this up, with cat photos, brainwashed into believing whatever is the cultural narrative of that month.

Oh lordy in losing it :p

Off to buy 10000 rounds of 5.56 for my ww3 supply bunker.

Ah, the old "both sides are at fault" chestnut! This may sound a bit harsh but the idea that progressivism (as it is generally expressed in the West) is anywhere near Marxism is delusional. And I don't use the word "delusional" as an exaggeration of speech, what I'm saying is your view is in direct contradiction with reality, which makes it a construct of imagination and paranoia. What you call "Marxism", along with "Cultural Marxism" and other similar expressions, essentially is nothing more than a conservative meme which is used to attack any opposing views. Most modern progressives today, particularly those in the US and UK, are actually left-Libertarians. Not only do they not care about Marxism but they also don't even know much about it. The USSR and its satellites pushed a type of Marxism (on paper) but considering how it functioned in real life, Communism was a mix of nationalism and Eastern European Feudalism and thus even more distant from progressivism. If you wish to educate yourself on the subject, feel free to start here.

The rise of supremacist views has two main elements. The Internet (and social media as you guessed) and the massive erosion of the quality of life for unskilled/low skilled workers. The latter feel left behind, they are frustrated and they often compete with migrants or minorities for low paying jobs and government aid. The Internet made it easy to find and coordinate with those who share their issues, as well as making it easy for extremists to propagate their views.

The whole thing has nothing to do with Nazis vs Marxists.

Soldato
At what point do people think the demographic of the UK is going to change significantly due to immigration/birth rates?

Depends on how you are defining "significant". However, we've already seen a reduction of "white European" immigration since the Brexit vote and if Brexit actually goes ahead that will further increase immigration from outside of Europe and so speed up the process.

Back
Top Bottom