Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
It was literally the first thing I read in the post episode discussion thread on r/gameofthrones... However I disagree with any idea that it's clever writing, more likely they just forgot about its implications as Euron didn't react at all which is very like his normal calm non-crazy self that we've seen since he was introduced.

I also wondered whether he'd notice that. I suppose it's possible he just doesn't notice, people don't notice things all the time in real life but I'm sure someone will be along to claim it's a howling plot hole if he doesn't. It's also possible he notices but assumes that Tyrion has spies within the walls that told him which is not unreasonable. I'd like it to be a thing though.

My wife, on the other hand, thinks Cersei is not pregnant and is just making it up to manipulate people. Also an interesting possibility.

Caporegime
You mean after their family destroyed a wedding that the hosts specifically said was safe and that one time when she happily destroyed a church full of people?

Her family didn't; the Freys did. Tywin is quite clear about this at the time. And, yeah, she's a bit psycho. That doesn't mean she's going to completely ignore all conventions of the culture she's in. Claiming it's "lolplot" because she's done something that is entirely consistent with basically all of history and every time similar things have happened in the story in the past is more than a little absurd.

Caporegime
I like how seemingly no one remembered that mr pirate was likely going to appear, they seemed much too sure of their ultra unsafe journey regardless of scouting.

They thought two dragons were an effective defence against a bunch of wooden boats; the specifically talked about this. Failing to realise that Cersei's armies would turn the Scorpion from the relatively ineffective weapon they encountered before to the massed ranks of Dragonslaying destruction that we saw today is an oversight but it's hardly a ridiculous one.

Soldato
Agreed.
As for failure to scout ahead, they were the scouting party, the dragons indeed were the scouts, and would be the first to encounter anything.
Which they did, and took a battering for it.

As for Cersei slaying them outside the gates, I think the field of depth was suggestive that the dragon was quite far back.
If they'd used the scorpions to kill Danny, they'd have got her, about 20 troops, but still had a raging army to content with when it arrived, but at that's stage no doubt in the company of all of the Lords of Westeros who remain, as thye are already turning to Dany, and indeed, would turn faster after a betrayal of parley visible to every citizen who was watching.

Soldato
I'm trying not to spoil it for myself by nitpicking elements of these last few episodes but I can't fail to notice the extremely limited, some would say negligible, vertical firing arc of any and all balista/scorpoion we have seen so far. Fine if you're anticipating the enemy only ever coming at you at a maximum 10° above the horizon, rather than gaining altitude out of range until directly above the target and roasting the lot of them, especially on a group of relatively closely grouped ships.

I really don't expect to feel anything remotely like Lost levels of disappointment with this show after all these years though however, even with these clear A to B plot points which they are trying to have connect in as direct and non subtle a fashion as the remaining show time allows. I don't think anything could ever match Lost for utterly ruining a multi-year commitment as comprehensively in the space of 1 finale episode as it did.

Soldato
Do you guys not think they are possibly leaving material for spin offs?

Why give it all away now when there is money to still be made?

Just seems they have decided to do spin offs and then we get **** all detail in the story lines like we are used too, nothing is padded out and all feels rushed.

"If you want to know what the NK was upto, watch our nice new series"

Soldato
Something of a headscratcher of an episode if I'm honest! Time warps, incompetent use of strategy/tactics whilst travelling and the meeting at the end? Ugh. I'd have to agree we have a new Lost/Dexter level of ending incoming.

Back
Top Bottom