Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Annoyingly I enjoy the bidding process but this time I won the first car I bid on, I was looking forward to the calculating/interrogation part that I normally go through. However, it was a good deal.

Hope it was a really good deal, that car needs a bit of love. Lexus parts can be very expensive for what they are, especially interior trim; I was a couple of hundred pounds just to replace the plastic trims in the boot. However a new front bumper is quite cheap, around £300 I think.

I've seen the head unit issue before on YouTube, if it fails completely it's a real pita. There are videos showing how to replace them, so there must be parts out there. It controls your audio, media and nav etc. but also the reverse camera if fitted and the heating and A/C, so it's something you'll want to work.

Also worth noting the wheels are directional and on this car the fronts are on the wrong axels. Quick fix but funny how often owners miss this.

Hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

Soldato
Yep, it was a good deal, part of the reason I enjoy auctions

Front bumper will just be repaired and the nav will be checked and repaired or replaced. Other than that it'll just be the usual cleaning etc. I'm well used to importing and resolving :)

Edit: The nav issues are Toyota wide as you'll know, I had similar issues with my Crown but its fixable one way or another.

Last edited:
Soldato
fuumpx.jpg

Parked up at JapFest yesterday.

On Saturday It had a minor detail. Washed, clayed, machine polished.
Not perfect but is 1000% better than what ever I could do.

Saw 5 white Mk2 MPS at JapFest, only one was in better condition than mine. They really are getting to ten years old :(

Soldato
It made it there without you needing to replace the suspension en route then :p

Heh, actually made it there without an issue. Apart from when the coolant temp reached 102c in traffic which for some reason set my ABS and traction lights to turn on... Heh. Once cooled they went off, very odd.

Where did Pickle Rick go?

He's on the front number plate. Also located on the driver's door shut.

Mr meeseks was removed because I hit a bush and tore him to shreds hahaha

Back
Top Bottom