Are you the smartest person you know?

Man of Honour
This isn't, or shouldn't be, a subjective question. Intelligence is objective, although application of that intelligence is not necessarily so.

Suffice to say that most people overestimate their intellect, especially if they have never been tested under controlled conditions. This place would have the largest concentration of clever people in the world on the self rating scale...

Soldato
It depends on what we are discussing. My mate has PHD, works for the government and is mega intelligent.

He hasn't a clue about some things mind.... That could be deemed as experience rather than intelligence I guess...

To be fair to him, if he doesn't know it he will look it up and then he will know lol

Soldato
I don't know very many people at all, so by the process of elimination alone then yes, sadly, I am the smartest person I know. But that doesn't mean much lol.

Caporegime
I don't really "know" any of you, but clearly there are smarter people than me even here in GD.

Which means I'm dumber than a rock, really ;)

Associate
I know and work with plenty of intelligent people, their brain power is far superior than mine.
Yet they all lack common sense by the bucket load, they also earn far less than myself.
Who's the intelligent one;).

My neighbour is a financial director for a well known organisation, his wife checks the oil in his car, cuts the hedges, wipes his butt basically. He lacks any skills outside of his profession in short.
I can only talk about the ones i know and being intelligent in 1 field doesn't always translate to overall intelligence.

Associate
Most definitely not. Some people might think I'm the smartest person they know, but they would be mistaken. That said, I'm pretty smart. Certainly smart enough to know when I'm in the company of people smarter than me!

Back
Top Bottom