Tablet for general family duties - Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 vs. S5e

Caporegime
Hi all

I'm after a family tablet to replace our Tesco Hudl.

It'll be used for a whole range of things; web browsing, media viewing, children's homework, emails, I guess some gaming, etc. General family usage.

Am I right in saying that the S4 is basically better due to:

- Better battery life
- Better CPU
- SPen

...and I just need to decide if I want to pay ~£100 more for that lot?

It would be nice to have a pen for kids homework and drawing etc. (they normally nick my Note 8 to draw on) but not essential. Are there any pens compatible with the Tab S5e.

Or should I see what the Tab S5 brings?

Any opinions are gratefully received.

Man of Honour
I've just uad a play with an S5e and liked it a lot. However I have heardcthere are some wifi issues with them? But the lack of a headphone socket is a big negative for me.

Soldato
I have an s5e not had any issues with wifi at all.

I think the issue is when you're holding the tablet in a certain way.
Looking at the s5e for my wife - she has a Tab A that is nearing end of life and this seems to have a good specification and nicely priced.

Soldato
It was mentioned in the link above:
"To replicate the problem, you apparently need to either hold it by the top left in portrait mode (not hugely likely) or hold it by the bottom left in landscape (very likely)."

Obviously this is from a tech website, if any owners on these forums could replicate - would trust people here far more than from an unknown (to me) website.

Caporegime
OP
I seriously can't believe the removal of the headphone jack has caught on. It's an absolute disaster in my eyes.

It's no longer possible to have unlimited listening as well as unlimited power. This in any book is a regression.

Back
Top Bottom