Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Just put a deposit down on a 991.2 C4S.

Great spec -

Graphite Blue
Agate grey interior
PDLS+
Entry & Drive
Parking assist front & read with rear cam
Glass roof
Sport-design mirrors
PDK
Power steering plus
Sports Chrono
Sports exhaust
Adaptive cruise
Lane change assist
Speed limit display
Auto dimming mirrors with rain sensors
Heated multifunction steering wheel
Heated 14 way electronic seats
Seat ventilation
Interior painting package
Porsche crest on headrests

I think that’s it.

Over the moon with it - pictures to follow once I’ve actually seen it.

Associate
Popping in here as I have a 19 year old 986 S that I've had for 15 years now. I said when I bought it I would only change it when I no longer bent enough to get in and that day hasn't yet arrived. It does need a new roof though as the plastic rear window is split in multiple places. Anyone have any experience of the aftermarket replacements that have smaller glass rear screens?

Soldato
Popping in here as I have a 19 year old 986 S that I've had for 15 years now. I said when I bought it I would only change it when I no longer bent enough to get in and that day hasn't yet arrived. It does need a new roof though as the plastic rear window is split in multiple places. Anyone have any experience of the aftermarket replacements that have smaller glass rear screens?
I thought newer 986s had a glass rear window (or possibly it was an extra?). Have a look on design911, they might have the diagrams foe your car which are quite interesting and very helpful.

Soldato
I don’t know if Jack Smith in Swansea does boxsters. Might be worth giving him a shout as you’re the correct side of the country at least. I would usually advocate not going for the cheapest option humanly possible but this guy really knows what he’s doing. It was something like £350 (+ petrol money) to do my S2000 with a new mohair roof. Practically a disposable item at that price.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I've just had my invite to PEC Silverstone for a day in the 992 and lunch, so I am quiet looking forward to it.

On the 992 custom options though i've had no update on PTS, Rear Spoiler or buckets yet but I have been advised they should start the order books from November ish onwards.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a way that an old Porsche Boxster makes sense vs something like a 2013 Z4? When doing around 10k/yr

I've used man logic to make swapping cars make sense for me and the wife. At the moment we both have boring diesel hatchbacks. I'm debating switching both and getting her something like a Mazda CX-3 and having me some convertible fun. How likely are things to go wrong and need reasonably sized bills?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...nual--2006-06-lovely-car-12m-warranty/9658488

olv

olv

Soldato
Is there a way that an old Porsche Boxster makes sense vs something like a 2013 Z4? When doing around 10k/yr

I've used man logic to make swapping cars make sense for me and the wife. At the moment we both have boring diesel hatchbacks. I'm debating switching both and getting her something like a Mazda CX-3 and having me some convertible fun. How likely are things to go wrong and need reasonably sized bills?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...nual--2006-06-lovely-car-12m-warranty/9658488

987.1 2.7 is pretty robust and reliable, one of the safest choices of that era. The one you've linked to is very expensive, especially given that the spec is nothing to shout about and it's not especially low mileage. PCM/Sat Nav of that age is rubbish and probably worth avoiding. And no heated seats. It's a nice looking car but even at £10k wouldn't be a bargain.

Soldato
That’s what I wanted to hear about the 2.7. Had a vague memory of something around that area being a bit of a liability.

Wasn’t looking at that particular car. Just used it as an example.

Is it easy enough to change head unit to something with usb/Bluetooth?

Soldato

I've had that same conundrum, the answer for me was no ultimately.

Associate
So I’m trying to line up 24 hours with a 2S 992, 24 hours with a 4S 992 followed by 24 hours with a Mclaren 570s and it seems to be coming together. I’ve had a deposit with Porsche for some time and I’m leaning on the fact I’ve never had a 911. The other reason is the two cars (the Porsche’s) they’ve registered both have different spec’s and only one has sports exhaust.

There seems to be some good value in the 570s’s but will that depreciation curve flatten out or get worse. There seems to be this perhaps misguided idea that a 570s won’t drop below 80-100k because that’s where the 12c has sat for ages but surely there must be vastly more 570s out there? It’s also likely going to be phased out now we’ve had the 600lt

Back
Top Bottom