Time to Upgrade - £1k budget - HDs not required

Bar

Bar

Soldato
So its come time to upgrade the PC and I have about £1k to spend. At the moment current set up looks like:

GTX980ti
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 AMD B350
Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit

Current PSU supports the above but not sure what it is. Got plenty of SSDs so not looking to change that element.

Requirements:
Needs to support 4k and FPS / Strategy Games
Also used for Work but mainly consultancy work so no heavy rendering etc.

Im thinking along the lines of

2600 Ryzen 4.2ghz
Gigabyte X470 Aurus
Zotac RTX 2700

I still need a new case/memory/PSU and potentially upgraded CPU cooler, but not sure what is the best options compatibility wise.

Any thoughts on the best combination to meet the above needs would be much appreciated.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
OP
Sadly PC is having technical issues and seems some of the hardware is starting to fail. Random freezes and lock ups.

Soldato
Sadly PC is having technical issues and seems some of the hardware is starting to fail. Random freezes and lock ups.

tried doing fresh install off windows ?

if hardware , and im guessing all core parts under warranty, Gigabyte can check to see if its the hardware at fault - @GIGA-Man is forum rep on here and is handy.

with laugh of x570/ryzen 3*** being so close , hate to push yourself on upgrade ...

specially if your moving from six core 1600 to six core 2600x.....

Guessing your an aorus fan, If you are looking to push upgrade, would swap board for Aorus X470 7 - it being a flagship would handle ryzen 3000/4000 cores which would be worth the upgrade from first gen ryzen ... 2nd gen isn't even a side step really.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...92mb-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1a5-gi.html

£30 more but 4 years UK RMA with gigabyte :)

Bar

Bar

Soldato
OP
sadly I think a semi connected power cord into the PSU has caused multiple power surges through the hardware

Soldato
Soldato
sadly I think a semi connected power cord into the PSU has caused multiple power surges through the hardware

If you are unsure what is the cause of the fault, or just don't have the expertise to diagnose the issue it might be worth seeking some local help? It seems like a bit of a mad idea buying all new kit, just because you have possibly one faulty component.

I'm not saying you should not upgrade, the new Ryzen 3000 CPU's out in a couple of months should hopefully be great, and I would strongly recommend you wait for those as the R5 2600 isn't really going to be a big jump up, only the GPU will be a reasonable but not amazing jump, as the GPU 980Ti is the same speed as a GTX 1070 (ish), and the RTX 2070 is about that of the old GTX 1080.

If you are local to the midlands, I'm happy to look at it if you want. :)

Back
Top Bottom