LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
47743574822_94fef4f04f_o_d.jpg

so will probably stay with narrower focussed <40degree spots for kitchen/bathroom ?
eg https://cpc.farnell.com/v-tac/166-vt-277/lamp-led-7w-gu10-4000k/dp/LP11397

I would like these https://www.v-tac.eu/led-lights/lig...0-plastic-lens-cover-4000k-cri-95-detail.html
but cannot find a uk seller ?

finally needed to order some stuff from cpc
went for some of the £2/shot ones, seem ok, 5 year warranty, 4k, and beam is sufficiently narrow to escape the cm, or so, recess on the bathroom fittings.

... plugging them/cpc .. free delivery >£8 order

Associate
picked up a third one of those vtac batten lights going to space them out bit better tomorrow when i have some free time going to aim for one centered on each garage door and the third in the middle of those two. during the day the light provided by two just isn't quite enough but at night its more than adequate so three should solve the daytime problem.

Associate
Just had a B&Q blooma pir led security light fail on me ( more precisely the pir portion so I've bypassed that for now) anyone got any recommendations for a good quality pir led security light

RJC

RJC

Don
Just had a B&Q blooma pir led security light fail on me ( more precisely the pir portion so I've bypassed that for now) anyone got any recommendations for a good quality pir led security light

I have a LAP LED Flood light bought from Screwfix a few years ago has been working good, this replaced a BG one I bough from WF Electrical that had to be replaced under warranty within a year and a half of operation - then the replacement failed.

Soldato
Hi guys...

Just wanted your opinion on what bulbs to go for as I am trying to replace all our GU10 bulbs to LED.

We have 5 LED bulbs (50W max) outside lighting up the canopy - front of the house. Looking for the most lumens out there and something that is sturdy enough to be placed outdoors please.

Also looking for about 15 bulbs to light up the kitchen and bathrooms. Thanks.

Caporegime
Hi guys...

Just wanted your opinion on what bulbs to go for as I am trying to replace all our GU10 bulbs to LED.

We have 5 LED bulbs (50W max) outside lighting up the canopy - front of the house. Looking for the most lumens out there and something that is sturdy enough to be placed outdoors please.

Also looking for about 15 bulbs to light up the kitchen and bathrooms. Thanks.

just go to screwfix. use the filters to match your criteria and buy the cheapest

Caporegime

they aren't built to last. weather will get to them over time. buy the cheapest one off screwfix which is bright enough.

Soldato
Can you buy bayonet LED filament frosted that is the equivalent to the old 100w incandescent perl bulbs?

All i can find at Argos and Homebase is 60w...

Thanks

Associate
We have just bought this dimmable (three-stage) table lamp.

The descriptions states: "Bulbs required 1 x golfball SES small edison eco halogen bulb"

Do you think it has to be an E14 dimmable "eco halogen" bulb? Or do you think I can I get an E14 dimmable LED bulb?

Soldato
Do you think it has to be an E14 dimmable "eco halogen" bulb? Or do you think I can I get an E14 dimmable LED bulb?
yes, would 99% have to be an eco halogen, since the dimmer would be a leading edge one incompatible, technically, with dimmable leds.

even with the correct/trailing edge dimmer, reliably dimmable led bulbs are not so common in the market versus dimmable smart bulbs.

I have some eco halogens too, but not sure if these are soon obsolete/not-available

Soldato
I'd like to replace my Halogen MR16's with LED, but they have a 12v transformers ridiculously stored under the flooring in the loft. I assume changing them to LED won't really have any effect as the transformer will still be drawing 12v?

Soldato
I use some g9 bulbs
Ascher 10 x G9 3.5W LED Bulb [ 300LM, Equivalent to 30W Halogen,Warm white, 30 LED SMD, AC 220-240V, 300 degree Light Angle]

They're ok but would like brighter bulbs, also if you observe something moving say a bicycle wheel, there seems to be a trail after the object, are the led flickering/strobing and causing this effect?

Associate
May not be that simple - the transformers might not work with LED

I'd like to replace my Halogen MR16's with LED, but they have a 12v transformers ridiculously stored under the flooring in the loft. I assume changing them to LED won't really have any effect as the transformer will still be drawing 12v?

Soldato
also if you observe something moving say a bicycle wheel, there seems to be a trail after the object, are the led flickering/strobing and causing this effect?
return them ? if you have a high frame rate phone can takes some pictures, as proof, per an earlier flicker discussion we've had on here.

47743574822_94fef4f04f_o_d.jpg

finally needed to order some stuff from cpc
went for some of the £2/shot ones, seem ok, 5 year warranty, 4k, and beam is sufficiently narrow to escape the cm, or so, recess on the bathroom fittings.

... plugging them/cpc .. free delivery >£8 order

now had one of these fail, will probably wait a bit, to see if the others start too, and then, organise a return,
the led bulb is not saving energy, if it has to be replaced every year.

Soldato
+1 today - full 6 packet of hyperikon gu10's now all failed in 18months in bathroom ceiling - 9 months a bulb. - all refunded.
ordered some new gu10 4K vtecs, the company refunded the one of those that failed.

Soldato
Does anybody make DC LED bulbs, say 48Vdc or 110Vdc.

Given the low power consumption for LED lighting, a sort of "Whole House" UPS driven directly from storage batteries, at least as far as lighting is concerned anyway. Becomes a realistic possibility.

However, not sure that doing a whole house at 12V would work too well.

Back
Top Bottom