Engine bay switch live feed?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Got a long-ish trip coming up, the cars old and the cooling systems on dinosaur Beemers isn't the greatest. Just want a bit of pre warning if it decides to toast itself, maybe save a head gasket. Just peace of mind really.

The dash will still display an over heat message/icon so you'll get warning.

Associate
OP
The dash will still display an over heat message/icon so you'll get warning.
Yeah, in an ideal world! My old E34 didn't and that boiled in a traffic jam in the middle of the Hatfield tunnel. Most embarrassing and lucky not to warp the head. I now live in absolute mortal fear if I smell coolant, even if its someone elses it makes me shudder. :eek:

Soldato
Yeah, in an ideal world! My old E34 didn't and that boiled in a traffic jam in the middle of the Hatfield tunnel. Most embarrassing and lucky not to warp the head. I now live in absolute mortal fear if I smell coolant, even if its someone elses it makes me shudder. :eek:

I would hope that since, at best, 1996, BMW have developed a coolant temperature warning light.

I'd hardly describe a 2004 6 series as "Dinosaur" either.

Associate
OP
I would hope that since, at best, 1996, BMW have developed a coolant temperature warning light.

I'd hardly describe a 2004 6 series as "Dinosaur" either.

Yeah, trouble is some of the BMW sensors aren't exactly reliable at best, hence the desire to have something that I can actually keep an eye in if it gets toasty. The thermostat doesn't open until 105C so it's already running high, naturally.
Dinosaur may have been a tad harsh though, it's actually quite well equipped. And I absolutely love it to bits and don't think I would ever part with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom