UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Don
No Salah, Firmino or Keita tomorrow :/

A near impossible task just got a lot harder. Our only hope is a high tempo start to the game, get a goal or 2 and keep a clean sheet going into the last 20-30 minutes.

Caporegime
Yeah zero expectation at this point, even if our poor finishing hadn't existed in the first game we'd be in a bad situation right now

Soldato
I don't expect us to get through too much damage was done in first leg and two key players out.

Long as we least play well and give it ago I'm happy enough with that

Caporegime
I think we could've won that tie had we put our chances away and put pressure on them, in fact I was shocked we didn't.

Yeah with Firmino or at least Mane scoring that chance / our other one should before 2-0 we were fine.

However even if it was 3-3 going into tonight with Mo/Firmino we’d struggle, hopefully we pull something mad off though

Don
Mad that we're 90 minutes away from the 2nd leg of a CL semi and I only just remembered we're playing today. The lack of an away goal, the lack of Salah and Firmino make things nigh on impossible. I just hope we don't somehow find ourselves 2-0 up at some point and give me any hope.
I think we could've won that tie had we put our chances away and put pressure on them, in fact I was shocked we didn't.
Football's a crazy game. Better finishing and a little bit of luck and we win the 1st leg by a couple of goals and are big favourites. Lessons to be learned though, most important of which is not having just 3 quality attackers for an entire season. Just having an extra quality forward would have meant we weren't playing Wijnaldum up front, may have meant we got a goal or 2 and were still well in this tie.

Man of Honour
I don't want Liverpool winning of course but I wouldn't mind a decent game. If they can get a goal early it might unsettle Barca a bit. They aren't so great away from home (usually).

Don
I really can't see it being very entertaining. If Barca score it's game over and if we score early I can see us being fairly cautious, hoping to take the game into the last 20 with a clean sheet.

Barca are unchanged from last week and early rumours are a front 3 of Shaq, Origi and Mane for us.

Soldato
#LFC starting XI v #FCB: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Shaqiri, Mane, Origi

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Gomez, Wijnaldum, Woodburn, Sturridge, Brewster

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (precaution due to slight muscle strain) misses out

Gutted about ox but we'll we always knew this season was a write off

Don
Can't really argue with that. I'd have probably gone with Gomez at CB to give us so more pace to deal with counters but VVD and Matip have a fairly settled partnership of late.
I was hyped for Brewster (simply assuming he fast lol)
Brewster was never starting, he's been out longer than the Ox.

Caporegime
Can't really argue with that. I'd have probably gone with Gomez at CB to give us so more pace to deal with counters but VVD and Matip have a fairly settled partnership of late.

Brewster was never starting, he's been out longer than the Ox.

Gomez started in Barcelona which is a worse decision :p

Caporegime
I just can't see Liverpool turning this one around, scoring 3 goals may be doable but keeping a clean sheet? Liverpool were probably the more dominant team 1st leg but Barcelona just had way more quality from back to front.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
See whether Barca time waste from the start or not, hope the ref doesn't take any of their diving **** and we actually get a decent game.

Back
Top Bottom