• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Auros 2080ti Extreme - Poor Time Spy Scores

Soldato
Hi All.

I have had this card for a while but never really bothered to overclock it or bench it. So I decided to do some benchmarks.

I ran Time Spy at stock along with setting the CPU to stock and the score i get is around 6500. This is using Time Spy demo. 6500 is the gpu score.

No matter what i try it doesn't get any better, i have altered settings in Nvidia Control Panel too. Even upping power limit, volts etc... it just stays the same.

Temps are perfectly fine and dont hit over 60c so im stumped. Am i missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Soldato
Gigabyte Quality Control strikes again?

1340mhz is ridiculous, this card should be 2000mhz+

You say 60c is fine, but for 1340mhz 60c is actually hotter than I would expect - my 2080ti with full core load but locked to 1400mhz runs in the mid 40s and it's an air cooler too.

Do you have this issue in any games/software or is it just timespy? What about the other 3d mark benches?

Soldato
60c is a little on the warm side. They run at 70ish max load on the top of the line air coolers.

My watercooled 2080Ti for example runs at a maximum of around 45c with a heavy overclock on both memory and core.

1450mhz is also very low. What kind of power + gpu usage etc are you seeing.

Out of reference. My score is just over 15k in the standard timespy benchmark.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No matter what i run, it hovers around the 1450hmz to 1500mhz and the temps always stick around 58c.

Ive reinstalled drivers, checked bios, reseated gpu. I have no idea if it was like this before watercooling as not use it much.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Have you tried overclocking it yet?

I’d give it a go and see if you can force higher clocks out of it.

Soldato
Hi All.

I have had this card for a while but never really bothered to overclock it or bench it. After watercooling it this weekend i decided to do some benchmarks.

I ran Time Spy at stock along with setting the CPU to stock and the score i get is around 6500. This is using Time Spy demo.

No matter what i try it doesn't get any better, i have altered settings in Nvidia Control Panel too.

Temps are perfectly fine and dont hit over 60c so im stumped. Am i missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Dave

Which Bios version you have? This card needs the F4 version at least as it had bugs since August 2017. Use the Gigabyte tool came with the card to upgrade the bios and set the highest mode to fully unlock the card clocks.

After that it will be set properly to 2050 factory overclock. However do not also forget that all Nvidia cards since Pascal start throttling at 32C, chopping 13, 13, 26, 26 from the clock at every 10C over 32C.
At 62 the heavier core reduction hits.

Also what is your PSU? The GTX1080Ti is nice an fancy when comes to power consumption at the 1740 clocks, but the factory overlclocked ones at 2050mhz (like the Xtreme) are on 330W power diet. More than the Vega 64 burns.

Soldato
I’d agree with panos and before initiating an RMA ensure your card bios is up to date mainly but would be worth ensuring your mobo bios is up to date aswell.

I believe you can update your cards bios pretty easily within gigabytes aorus software. You can do it with nvflash but best to use the Gigabyte software to be on the safe/warranty side if anything goes wrong.

If nothing after that then contact gigaman here on the forums for advice and initiate an RMA.

Soldato
OP
It seems it was user error :rolleyes:

I put the standard cooler back on and ran it, it was hitting around 1900mhz and giving a score of around 1400 on timespy for the GPU.

Add the wc block back on and did the paste better, now its hitting around 1900mhz and 14252 on timespy for the gpu without any overclocking or tweaking. Will keep testing it but so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom