What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I love In Bruges.

Anyway, as for recent films

Aquaman - basic, dull, uninspiring, don't mind Momoa, but the rest of the cast were awful. 4/10

Ted Bundy one with Zac Efron, Truly evil, vile and some such. Excellent, engaging, very thought provoking. 8/10

Soldato
In Bruges, probably my 3rd time of watching since release (2008) - excellent casting (and i even include Colin Farrell within that) a must watch if you've never seen it.

A black comedy that works on all levels - for me anyway. I love the contrasting journeys the characters take, their subtle and not so subtle interactions and the story that develops as a result. It's dubbed a gangster movie - but it's so much more. I won't elaborate anymore as it's great script/direction and made more enjoyable if you go in blind. 8/10

I love In Bruges too, so if you haven't seen it then Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri is from the same director and personally I think it's even better.

Soldato
Ted Bundy one with Zac Efron, Truly evil, vile and some such. Excellent, engaging, very thought provoking. 8/10
Looking forward to this - and Zac Efron seems to have been an inspired casting (in fact the whole casting seems pretty eclectic looking at the list - but obviously worked).

I love In Bruges too, so if you haven't seen it then Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri is from the same director and personally I think it's even better.
I haven't but has been on my 'to watch list' for a while - thanks for the reminder/heads up as it had slipped my mind. I think you've lined up my late night Saturday viewing - or early Saturday, if we're in, and my wife is watching, Britain's got ****sticks :/

Soldato

Glad you enjoyed this :) I’ve been looking forward to seeing this for a while - my friend saw it this weekend and didn’t think too much of it - but he’s more into the superhero films and the like rather than true stories, which is much more my type of film :D

I’ll make some time this weekend to watch :)

Soldato
Anyone who's watched the Ted Bundy movie or thinking of it should watched Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix. The guy is terrifying in how he so easily fooled and manipulated people. Also hadn't realised the extent of his crimes and the sadism involved.

Soldato
Iron Sky: The Coming Race - 2/10.

Oh dear. Not a patch on the original. Sets looked like they had been poached from Dr. Who in the 1980's, lame story with minimal connection to the first film. Dialogue written by a junior school drama class (actually an insult to the junior school drama class) and performed by C listed actors who probably got paid minimum wage for their efforts. To top it all, soundtrack on the Blu-ray 2:0 stereo only despite the case proclaiming 5:1.

Only gave 2/10 as some parts were so cringingly laugh out bad.

Soldato
@VincentHanna I posted about the documentary just above your post, you should check it out, even at his trial he had women fawning over him, despite that he'd raped, tortured and murdered many. To this day there are people who can't attribute evil actions to good looking and charismatic people. It's quite frustrating tbh.

Associate
I thought Arctic was boring, dragged on and repeated itself, I skipped the last 20 mins of it.

The Upside - 8/10

Loved it, great acting from both of them, I need to go and watch Untouchable now.

Caporegime
IO (on Netflix)

Dull and underwhelming. It seemed to be trying to be moving and arty in a post apocalyptic Sci Fi setting but was just uninteresting. I'm not sure it even managed a single good idea. Only the music hit the mark.

3/10.

Back
Top Bottom